If you couldn’t tell last week, we are totally in love with our iron-on stud trims! They are the perfect alternative to not having to apply studs to fabric one by one. We decided to use some to update a plain tee u After creating a pair of DIY suspenders a few weeks ago, we decided to continue the trend with a faux suspenders tee!
2-3 yds of Iron-On Stud Trim
1. Cut the amount of trim it will take to go straight up the left side of your shirt and then diagonally across the back to the bottom right.
2. Lay the trim on the t-shirt, as described above. Set your iron on high and without steam. Place the cloth over the trim and hold the iron over each section for a minute.
3. Repeat steps 1-2 for with trim that will go on the front right side of your shirt and diagonally across the back to the bottom left.
4. Let the shirt cool and you’ve got a cool, new studded tee!
Suspenders are no longer boring and meant to be hidden under a suit. Use them to play up a casual tee and jeans outfit or grab fun, printed suspenders to bring life to a professional look. Our many, many trims can be used to create suspenders – just check out Monday’s DIY project! After finding these pictures, we are definitely inspired to make more!
This winter, menswear has definitely been somewhere that we are pulling inspiration from. Men in layered suits with cool accessories and a well tailored coat always catches our eyes. We, also, love seeing women incorporate classic menswear pieces into their own daily style which is why we are inspired to DIY some of these pieces for ourselves!
After spending the weekend falling in love with our greek key trims, we decided to put our DIY skills to use! Modern day womenswear is receiving a lot of its inspiration from menswear so it was about time that we created a unisex DIY! These suspenders look great on anyone!
3 yards of Greek Key jacquard trim
2 packs of Suspender clips
1. Measure the amount of trim it will take to take the go from the top left corner of your pants, over your left shoulder, and across your back to the top right corner of your pants. Cut a strip of your trim measuring this amount.
2. Push both ends of the trim through 2 suspender clips and sew the ends, as shown.
3. Repeat steps 1 & 2 with another strip of trim.
4. Clip the strips onto your pants so that they criss-cross on your back. Pin where they cross at your back and take it off.
5. Sew the two strips together at the pinned point and you now have a pair of cool greek key suspenders. Wear them with a chic suit, some baggy boyfriend jeans, or with whatever your heart desires!