Independence Day is only a few days away! Get ready for fireworks, Americana outfits and the best parties of the summer! If you’re throwing your own shindig and need some decor ideas to liven up your abode, you’ve come to the right place. Here are the hottest DIYs for your 4th of July party.
Always planning for the best party, Studio DIY have the most star-spangled piñatas for your BBQ!
Learn how to make an easy fireworks centerpiece for your table from Better Homes and Gardens.
This patriotic wreath from the Sweetest Survival brings a little understated festivity to your doorstep, and we obviously adore that navy ribbon!
If you’re a typography buff, making a patriotic statement has never been easier with this printable from eighteen25!
Hosting a patriotic get-together? Take a tip from Domestically Speaking, and serve them on this rustic burlap table runner with beautiful ribbon inserts.
When I sat down to do this entry I was a little scared. Americana fashion is hard to do without looking cheesy. I don’t know, that’s just my opinion. However, I really think that by incorporating our colors into today’s hottest trends the look can be quite hip. Wear this piece with a white tank as to not over do it.
- Ultra suede tape 10 yards of both white and cardinal, and 3 ½ yards in French blue
- Sobo craft glue
- Jewelry wire
- Wire clippers
- Cord necklace fastener. I choose to use a magnetic fastener, be sure that it will be large enough to hide all the ends of the leather.
- Cut the red and white suede into strips 36 long and the blue into strips 20” long.
- Take all the red and white and 3 strips of the blue together and wire wrap the end.
- I then pinned this end to a board and gathered the other side with the other 3 strips of the blue and draped to the other side of my board.
- If you like pull on some of the leather strips at the unwrapped end to create different lengths in the necklace.
- Once you have the desired look, gather the other ends, trim, and wire wrap. Trim the blue hanging strips so they have a staggered appearance.
- Using Sobo craft glue, glue the wrapped ends of your necklace into the magnetic fastener.