Apple’s latest offerings, the iPhone 5S and the iPhone 5C, are flying off the shelves. Everyone is clamoring to get their hands on these new and improved phones, especially the coveted gold iPhone. In honor of Apple’s shining star, we’ve pulled together some of our favorite DIY phone covers that will have just as much sparkle without breaking the bank. Check them out below, and let us know your favorites!
Check out these fun tinsel-coated covers from Design Sponge. They’re perfect for the holidays, and imagine how cool they would look with sequins!
One of our favorite bloggers, Jenni from I Spy DIY, created this chic studded phone. We love the variety of shapes and colors in the studs, and we have a similar studded trim for easy application! The word fierce definitely comes to mind when we look at this phone.
Take a cue from our Project DIY necklace, with this charm-ing phone cover we found at All Women Stalk. It’s a great way to re-use those charms from broken necklaces or bracelets!
Pearls add a flirty and feminine touch to this cover made over at Sydne Style! We love the little pops of rhinestones for added sparkle.
Light Up the Night
Everything that shimmers isn’t gold. Sometimes it’s neon! Check out our DIY on how to make this fun neon-studded phone! You can get those fabulous neon studs from MJTrim.com.
Feeling inspired? We would love to see the DIY phone cases you’ve created!
How cool is this DIY crystallized iPhone case? Hallie of Craft Tuts created this lovely sparkly case, and now we’re dying to make one of our own. And the best part? It was made with Swarovski crystals from our store, so we’ll be able to replicate it for ourselves. Head on over to Craft Tuts to see the full tutorial!
After seeking out our favorite DIY iPhone cases, it was about time that we made our own. And when we spotted these new neon studs in our store, we knew they would be a great addition to a plain white phone case. Armed with our studs and some E3000 glue, we created this neon iPhone case that will be the perfect summer accessory. Keep reading to find out how to make your own!
1. Begin to arrange your studs on the case to figure out the design you want. You could do polka dots, or stripes, but we opted for a simple geometric pattern.
2. Using the E3000 glue, begin to individually glue down each stud. If you use the same pattern as us, start in the middle and work your way out. You may want to use a toothpick to apply glue to each stud.
3. Continue to apply the studs until you’ve covered the entire phone case. Let dry for half an hour then you’re ready to show off your new neon case!
Just about everyone is carrying around the same iPhone these days, so it gets a little difficult to stand out. Fortunately, we’ve found some awesome tutorials for DIY phone cases – so you can whip up your own original case! Keep scrolling to see our picks. Which one would you want to try?
1. DIY Tribal Print iPhone Case by Unexpected Expectations
2. DIY Studded iPhone Case by Fuji Files
3. DIY Embroidered Cell Phone Case by Look What I Made
4. DIY Native Print Envelope Cell Phone Case by Swell Mayde
5. DIY Glitter iPhone Skin by Hippanonymous