Keeping your head feeling and looking cool during the summer doesn’t have to be hard! We created an adorable silk headband that hides a secret weapon. Inside the headband is a wire allowing you to manipulate the headband however you want! It also makes the fit completely customizable. You can keep your hair out of your face while the summer heat is blaring, all while looking totally chic.
2” Midori Dupioni Silk Ribbon
16 Gauge Wire
Needle and thread or sewing machine
1. Measure the Dupioni ribbon around your head leaving extra in order to twist once wrap is complete. Once you have your measurement, duplicate the same piece you create to have two pieces.2. Start to sew the pieces together.
3. Take your wire and create a loop. Twist the wire ends together.
4. Insert wire into the ribbon before sewing up the last few inches.
This Father’s Day make your dad something he is sure to love! If your dad has a habit of losing his keys, make them harder to misplace with a guy-approved keychain. No rhinestones or baubles here! We created a braided faux leather keychain that has an edge of rustic masculinity.
Key chain clasp
Needle and Thread
1. Take your leather fold over to create a loop. Make the loop as long as you desire. Cut excess leather.
2. Slip the leather through the metal clasp opening.
3. Sew the edges of your trim together.
4. Glue the edges of the trim with your Sobo glue so it does not fray. Let dry.
This week we have a DIY that is the perfect piece to complete your spring and summer wardrobe. Inspired by Marni’s incredible rope necklaces, we decided to put all of our cord to good use! This simpler design features one length of cord at a time, but you can always add additional segments to the necklace. We like wearing a clustered bunch to really make a statement, but you can also rock one at a time. These necklaces are a little bit nautical too, making them perfect for your summer vacation at sea!
6mm Braided Metallic Cord
12mm Imported Chenille Twist
End Caps (small and large)
Chenille Cord Necklace1. Measure your chenille cord around your neck, and cut depending on how long you want your necklace. Cut cord.
2. Take your jewelry wire and hold the tip with the loop with a set of pliers. Create a knot by twisting the wire into a ball. This will allow the wire not to fall through the opening of the end cap.
3. Place the loop tip into the end cap so it come out on the other side.
4. Add glue and place cord into the end cap. Let dry and repeat on other side.
5. Add a jump ring to each end and a lobster clasp to on end.
Braided Metallic Cord Necklace
1. After cutting your cord to the desired length, take your smaller end caps and add glue inside.
2. Place cord end into the cap and let dry. Repeat on the other side.
3. Add a jump ring to each end and a lobster clasp to on end.
Get ready to get crafty! We’ve put together a list of our favorite DIYs from the month. This tulle skirt from ABM is not only perfect for a spring date, it’s also easy to make!
Studio DIY created these adorable trinket dishes that are perfect for anyone who constantly misplaces their keys.
These egg cup planters from Sugar and Cloth are perfect for succulents and summer seedlings!
Make this colorful art from Design Sponge using tissue paper to create those cool abstract shapes!
There’s nothing negative to say about these negative print foil prints from Damask Love!
This week make yourself a hat that you’ll be using every weekend this summer! Take a simple canvas hat, add a little embellishment, and you have a fun accessory to bring to the beach. We used a striped grosgrain, but you can use anything from jute to beaded trim to personalize your headpiece!
Plain Beach Hat
1.5” (38mm) Stripe Grosgrain
1. Glue the beginning of the ribbon to the back of the head.
2. Continue glue around until you reach the point where you started.
3. Cut the extra ribbon, but leave a little extra to fold over.
4. Glue the final piece down so it connects to the other piece. Let dry.
Looking for a great DIY gift for Mom? After a long day there’s nothing like pampering yourself with small indulgences. Whether it’s a piece of crazy-good chocolate, a light-hearted book, or a bubble bath with filled with your favorite fragrances. This post is going to tackle the latter, with a collection of DIY-able bath goodies that are sure to make your mom, friend, grandmother or anyone for that matter, smile during their luxurious soak.
A sweet strawberry scrub is the ticket to summer-ready legs!
Rough day? Massage it away with these massage bars using herbs and flowers with medicinal properties!
Add fizzing-action to your spa day with these bubbling bath bombs!
Make beautiful galaxy soap that is out of this world!
Some content on this page was disabled on September 21, 2015 as a result of a DMCA takedown notice from Alexis Strickland. You can learn more about the DMCA here:
If you’ve ever accidentally mixed up your keys with someone else’s, if you find yourself struggling to find your keys at the bottom of a big tote bag, you’re in need of a key chain. Key chains are the perfect DIY because they are small, can use a number of different materials, and don’t take very long to make!
Make this cute letter key chain that can be customized with different statement beads!
Armed with some basic sewing skills and fun ribbon, you could make these adorable key fobs!
Guard your precious keys with these fearsome painted beast keychains!
Wood you be able to say no to these charming wooden key charms? Yeah, we wouldn’t be able to either.
Give your Jenga pieces new life by making them into Mod Podged map piece keychains!
The weekend is coming up and the sun is finally shining, which means that we’re finally able to enjoy the outdoors! Add some fun to the sun with these outdoor DIY games that are cute, crafty and entertaining for the whole family! They also make great activities for parties or weddings.
Hop the day away with this rainbow hopscotch board made from paving stones!
Play some classic board games, and then have a delicious dinner outdoors with the flip of a table tile with the outdoor checkers table!
Revive an old classic game on the lawn with these bright and colorful lawn dominoes!
Use your shed to create an epic rock wall for little ones!
Update your average horseshoes with colorful pastels!
If you’re having guests over, make a great first impression withe these a-door-able mats! From sassy to sweet, doormats are the perfect way to add a little bit of personality to your home.
Grab a can of spray paint, and go to town on a plain doormat!
This decorative doormat hides a cute “hello” message in mosaic!
Add a natural touch to your doorway with this stone welcome mat!
If you want to celebrate your green thumb, check out this garden hose doormat!
Give your guests a sweet welcome with this doughnut rug!
We love mixing materials to make pieces that are truly unique. For this week’s DIY we took inspiration from the festival styles that are all the rage this time of year and mixed metal, stone and leather to create a necklace that will look great will all of your bohemian outfits this season!
What You’ll Need:
Braided Leather Bolo
Metal Tooth Pendant
4.5mm Steel Rolo Chain
Faux Leather Fringe
4mm Jump Rings
8mm Jump Rings
1. Take your cord and cut evenly in half for each side of the necklace. We made ours 7 inches long each.
2. Add end caps to each end. Total of 4 end caps.
3. Cut your chain into two pieces. We made ours 4 inches long. Add jump rings and attach to the cord ends.
4. Take your leather cord again and cut a piece. We made ours 6 inches long. Add end caps to the ends.
5. Take your tooth pendent and add to the cord. Now attach jump rings to the end caps and attach to the other ends of the chain.
6. Cut a 4 inch piece of fringe and add glue to the rim and roll to create a tassel. Once dried add a jump ring and attach to cord where tooth pendant is.
7. Lastly, add jump rings to the top of the necklace and a lobster clasp.