If you’re looking for an easy DIY that will instantly make your doorstep more festive for your favorite frightening holiday, Halloween, this is it! Instead of going the traditional carving route, we decided to make use of our leather cord to create a unique embroidered effect. We also used a craft foam pumpkin for this DIY so that it can last multiple seasons, but you can swap it out for the real thing too!
What You’ll Need:
Spooky Image of Your Choice
1mm Round Leather Cord
1. Cut out your image.
2. Pin paper cut-out to pumpkin.
3. Cut out top of pumpkin. If you’re using a real pumpkin you’ll want to clean out the insides.
4. Make a knot at the base of the leather cord.
5. Either drill or puncture small holes into the pumpkin using your cutout as a guide.
6. Start weaving your leather cord through all of the holes. Make sure every hole has a complementary hole close by.
7. Continue weaving until the image is complete. For small areas you can tie a knot and weave back through one hole, as we did with the spider fangs.
Are your basic tanks looking a little boring? Take a tank top from bland to beautiful with the addition of lace embellishments! For this DIY we took a collection of our favorite lace trims of the moment, and re-purposed them as appliques! This DIY is great for upgrading an old piece of clothing into a style statement, and the technique can be used to embellish anything from a hat to a coat!
4” (102 MM) Rose Wool Lace
3” (76 MM) Leaf Embroidered Lace
5” (127 MM) Floral Wool Lace
4 1/2” (114 MM) Wool Lace
Sobo Craft Glue
Needle and Thread
1. Cut out shapes from your lace trim.
2. Arrange the lace shapes on the tank top. Play around with the layout until you’re happy with the design.
3. Place a piece of cardboard inside of the tank top so that the glue doesn’t go through both sides of the garment.
4. Glue the elements down, and let them dry.
5. Sew the elements onto the tank top for extra security.
We’ve been zipper crazed! Our last DIY features a necklace made of some lace, beaded trim, and of course a zipper! We’ve gathered some accessories that were made out of zippers that we find pretty cool and unique. Add some zippers to your accessory tray with these inspiring accessories that features all sorts of zippers.
So chic! Loving the layered zipper effect.
Arm candy fever !! We are loving these beautiful colored zippers.
Feathers, zippers, and some studs. So creative!
Statement piece of zippers! This is beautifully put together.
Need a ring for that statement piece?
This week’s DIY is quite a stunner! As we head into cooler weather, it’s up to our outfits to keep us bold, bright and warm. Well we have a few of those bases covered with this statement necklace that we created using a zipper and some glamorous metallic trim. This statement necklace would look great over a little black dress, and if you’re really crafty, you can use it in place of a typical zipper for your next sewing project.
1 1/2” (38 MM) Metallic Lace
7/8″ Multi-Beaded Trim
18″ Heavy Separating Jacket Zipper
Needle and Thread
1. Measure how much lace and beaded trim you will need.
2. Add one inch to the desired size, and cut to that size.
3. Place glue on one side of the zipper.
4. Glue down your lace. Repeat on the opposite side and let dry.
5. Sew the lace into place for extra security.
6. Flip the zipper over and place glue on the other side.
7. Add beaded trim to glue. Repeat on the opposite side and let dry.
8. Sew the trim into place for extra security.
9. Add glue to the end pieces of lace, and fold them over so you don’t have any raw edges. This will help to prevent fraying.
It’s Back to School season! How excited are you to be back in school? Or if you’re a parent, how excited are you for your kids to go back to school? Well, whether you’re a student looking for some quick tips on how to dazzle up your style this year, or a parent just looking for more ways to be creative this school year, you have clicked into the right place. Here are some great tips for the upcoming school year. Remember to focus on your studies, and stay fashionable!
Lesson#1: Lunch Box – This is by far one of the most creative, yet so simple, DIYs. Lunch is a very important meal of the day, so bring it to school in style. Personalize it with your choice of pattern and button.
Lesson#2: A Stylish Backpack – Check out these creative DIYs for styling up your backpack! Loving the studded, ivory backpack, it’s so chic!
Lesson#3: Fancy Bookmarks – Never lose track of that last page. These adorable button bookmarks are perfect for bookmarking homework pages, study pages, or just book marking that favorite book of yours.
Lesson#4: Personalize Your Supplies: This is such a great way to add a personal touch of creativity to your school supplies. Personalize your supplies with these easy and quick tips for your school supplies can have a little sense of fashion as well. Such a fun project to do by yourself or with the kids.
Lesson#5: Stay Organized – Organization is key to a successful year. Keep your books stored, and your supplies together with this simple supply organizer.
This week’s DIY is super simple, but incredibly chic. We took one of our favorite patterns, Greek key, and added it to a basic white lamp shade. The result? A lamp that looks fabulous, and is easy and inexpensive to make.
1 3/8″ (33mm) Greek Key Jacquard
1. Wrap the trim around the base of your lampshade to see how much trim your will need.
2. Cut to the length you will need
3. Apply glue to the base of the lampshade.
4. Place your trim on the areas with glue. If your lampshade has a seam, start there.
Continue wrapping the trimming around the lampshade until it covers the entire length of the base.
If you’re lucky enough to live by the sea, you might be a fan of nautical decor. This fun and carefree theme usually involves a combination of anchor art, navy accents, and definitely elements that feature rope. This DIY is for the sailors at heart and nautically-inclined. We’ve created a set of coasters using jute braid that are as simple to make as they are stylish.
What You’ll Need:
1/2” (13mm) Jute Tubular Braid
1. Cut one yard of jute for each coaster.
2. Glue the ends of the coaster so they do not fray.
3. Start rolling the jute into itself, kind of like a cinnamon roll.4. Start to pin through the jute to hold each area in place.
If you’re looking for an easy way to add glamour to your decor, look no further than this DIY. It’s easy to make if you’re no stranger to a paint brush, and will instantly make your room look and feel more stylish. We used acrylic paint and our new Brilliance rhinestones to turn a basic glass bottle into a colorful flower vase.
Brilliance SS20 Fuchsia Crystals
Small Glass Bottle
1. Begin by framing the rectangle glass bottle with paint.
2. Add flowers with your paint, and let it dry.
3. Glue Brilliance crystals to the centers of the flowers you painted, and let dry.
If you’ve perused any swimsuit website this season, you’ll see that strappy neon suits are all the rage right now! We love the look of neon and black, especially for summer, so we decided to create our own version of this trending suit using a basic black bandeau and fun neon elastic. With the addition of so many straps for support, this bathing suit is perfect for the active girl on the go!Materials:
Black Bandeau Bathing Suit Top
5/8” Neon Foldover Elastic
Needle and Thread
1- Turn your bandeau over and carefully cut of the three straps or the amount of straps the bathing suits has.
2- Measure the new elastics that will replace the ones you just cut. You might need less elastic since the thickness of the new elastic is thinner. Sew in the same spot where the previous elastic was.3- Turn the bandeau over and measure the elastics for shoulder straps.
4- Take two of the colored elastics and sew from the inside of the front to the inside of the back of the bathing suit. 5- Take the last elastic and sew from the inside of the front next to the first elastic from the center. Cross the elastic for the back part and sew on the inside of the back of the suit.
Need a gift for dad this weekend? Check out these awesome DIYs that any dad would love! They’re sure to make any man melt, especially when he knows they’re handmade! For the father who likes to maintain a memorable mustache, make a shaving cream that’s great for irritable skin.
If your dad loves to grill, make him a kit that’s perfect for his pastime.
If your dad has a favorite craft brew, turn those old boxes into cool coasters that look great on any table and keep the water rings away!
Make sure dad’s thinking of how much you love him whenever he flies with a DIY leather luggage tag!
If you know your way around a sewing machine, this Waxed Canvas Backpack makes an impressive DIY gift!