After all the inspirational DIY statement necklaces we found on the web and during NYFW, we decided it was time to make one of our own! A little glue and glitz really does go a long way!
2 ft of chain
1 ft of 5mm rhinestone trim
1 ft of 1/8″ sapphire rhinestone trim
1/2 ft of rhinestone spike trim
Interlock buckles (in store)
1. Use your sticks for applying glue.
2. Find the middle of your chain trim and line it up with the middle of your larger rhinestone trim. Glue these together as depicted.
3. Line up your blue rhinestone trim with the glued rhinestone trim and glue this on top of it.
4. Line up your spiked trim with the middle of chain and glue it onto the bottom of the chain.
5. Use your pliers to open the last links of your chain and add your buckle closures. Close the links with your pliers.
6. Let this dry for 2 hours and you’ve created a new standout piece for your jewelry collection!
It’s time to put your winter clothes away because Summer is Finally Here! Your only crisis for the summer, “what to shop for first?” Beach clothes, party clothes, work clothes, lazy Sunday clothes? Well, we just made it a lot easier for you. We took one simple dress and a created four different looks, for inspiration.
Look one: Day at the Beach/Park Accessories: Donna Karan Raffia heal & Vintage Emmanuelle Kkhanh Paris Sunglasses
- Step one- To create a flower appliqué with a button please see this tutorial
- Step two- Connect Chain and pearl strand by tying them together with scraps of fine lace, with either a knot or bow.
Jute Belt Directions:
- Step1- Make knots one inch away from ends and unravel cord.
- Step2- Fold the cord in half then wrap around waist and make a knot.
Look two: Weekend/Day Off Accessories: Alloy Cowboy Boots
For Peacock Feather and Tooth Pendant Necklace Click Here for Instructions
Step 1- Slip one end of the leather trim around the shank and hand sew with a leather needle and thread.
Step2-Measure around waist or desired length and insert three or four holes one inch apart on the other end of the leather trim. Cut excess trim.
Look Three: Happy HourAccessories M&J Headband , YSL Platform Pumps
- Bib Necklace: 1 Ready Made 8″ Beaded Collar Style# 45054-Black/Crystal (1.800.9.MJTRIM)
- Stretchable Belt: 1 yard of 100mm Ruffeled Elastic Style# 42206-7 (1.800.9.MJTRIM)
- Stretchable Belt: 2 Snaps
Stretchable Belt Directions:
- Step 1- Measure Stretchable trim around waist and cut.
- Step2- Sew snap closures to the ends of the stretchable trim, 1 inch apart.
Look 4: Nautical Look for work Accessories: M&J Belt
To make a belt, instead of bow Click Here
This season is all about the bright colors, designers such as Diane von Furstenberg, Mark Jacobs, Proenza Schouler, and Peter Pilotta have all added bright warm colors to there Spring 2010 collection, so what better thing to make then the perfect spring accessory. Hope you enjoy this DIY Video!
Click Here for a list of Materials