As avid DIYers, we understand the value of a great camera – but we’re not so keen on the boring straps that come with most DSLRs. Fortunately there are plenty of tutorials for adorable DIY camera straps, so we picked out a few of our favorites to inspire us. Which one do you like the best?
1. DIY Painted Camera Strap by Design Love Fest
2. DIY Chain Camera Strap by A Pair & A Spare
3. DIY Toy Camera Strap by Pocketful of Pretty
4. DIY Adjustable Vintage-Looking Camera Strap by Sketch 42
5. DIY Studded Leather Camera Strap by Syl and Sam
We got such a great response to our list of the Top 5 DIY Camera Straps that we figured it was about time we made our own! We opted for a beaded trim in a Native American print, and performed our DIY magic to make it completely sturdy and usable. Follow the directions below to jazz up your own camera.
Supplies: 3 1/2 ft beaded trim, 4 ft twill tape, 2 D-rings, 2 metal clasps, E6000 glue
1. Glue the beaded trim directly in the center of the black trim. The trim is long, so you may have to glue it piece by piece. Let dry.
2. Slightly pull open the sides of the D-ring and slide the clasp onto the D-ring so they are connected.
3. Slide the D-ring onto the end of the black trim, leaving an inch or two on the end. Making sure the black trim is flipped over, (with the beaded trim on the bottom) apply some glue to the end of the trim and press it down over the D-ring. Hold in place until it dries.
4. Repeat step 2 and 3 for the other side of the strap. Hook the clasps onto your camera and you’re all set!