This December our monthly DIY subscription service, Project DIY, came out with a collection inspired by the Baroque Style. This popular runway trend emanates radiance, drama and luxury, and is perfect for the holiday season.
While we announced the theme earlier this month, we have kept the projects under wraps. After weeks of waiting, we ‘re excited to finally unveil the Project DIY Baroque n’ Roll projects!
The Baroque Pearl Hand Adornment is unlike anything you’ve seen before. Our beautiful cameo and pearl rosary connects to an elegant filigree ring with a sparkling rhinestone chain. It’s adds an unexpected sparkle to your outfit.
These Belle of the Ball Earrings are a fantastic way to add Baroque-inspired flair to any look. These earrings combine some of the most beloved elements from this collection, from the pearls to the intricate gold detailing.
The Gem and Lace Headband from the Baroque n’ Roll collection is a true showstopper. This project allows you to dabble in a new skill, sewing! Crafters sew the gorgeous lace trim into a fashionable headband, and attach the jeweled adornment to make it a sparkling statement piece.
You can wear these gorgeous projects together for a decadent and glamorous look, or wear each piece individually for some understated elegance. Which project are you most looking forward to making?
This month we’re rolling out a Project DIY collection that is sure to turn a few heads. (Probably because it’s packed with sparkle!) Our Baroque n’ Roll collection is lavish, elegant and luxe; perfect for the holiday season. While we aren’t revealing what the projects are just yet, we wanted to give you a sneak peek of what materials you’ll be introduced to in this collection.
This is our first Project DIY collection to feature a big band of trim, and beautiful lace trim at that! If you’re wondering what you’ll be making, we aren’t spilling the beans yet, but you will need to use a needle and thread to create it.
It wouldn’t be a Baroque n’ Roll collection without a little bit of bling! From pearls to rhinestones, we picked materials that were incredibly glamorous and elegant. You’ll also be using rich gold pieces that invoke Baroque with their scrolling filigree details.
Since this collection is so elegant and feminine, we wanted to include one of the most elegant and feminine items we know, a cameo embellishment. It’s delicate, charming and a perfect addition to one of our projects.
Any guesses about what projects are in the latest Project DIY collection? Leave them down below!
If you want your ornaments to make an elegant statement, we have the DIY for you! This month is all about sparkle and shine, from the tinsel on a Christmas tree to the icicles adorning your window. With these frosty and fun images in mind, we wanted to create something that was both seasonal and sparkly!
What You’ll Need:
8mm Faux Pearls Package #49380
6mm Faux Pearls Package #49387
40 x 30mm Oval Women Head Cameo #41584
3/8” Single Face Satin Ribbon (Ivory) #00295
7/8” Single Face Satin Ribbon (Silver) #00298
1. Glue the cameo onto the center of the Styrofoam ball, and begin pinning pearls around it to create a frame.
2. Continue adding pearls to the ornament until it is completely covered, aside from a small space at the top.
3. Pull your satin ribbon through a t-pin, and glue one end to the other.
4. Once the ribbon seam is dry, push the t-pin through the empty space on top.
5. Create a bow using the other satin ribbon, and glue it in front of the looped ribbon.
This pearl-adorned ornament is perfect for a classic and elegant tree. If you want the ornament to be a little less Baroque-inspired, just remove the cameo for an ornament that’s reminiscent of a playful snowball!
At M&J Trimming we have no qualms about our love of lace. This Renaissance-inspired DIY is perfect for those ladies who share our love of the dainty look of white lace.
What You’ll Need:
Stretch Lace #57291
Oval Woman Head Cameo #41584
1. Take your lace trim, and wrap it around your neck to measure how much you will need. Leave a little overlap so you have room to place the snap closures.
2. Open your snap, and glue the stud to one end of the lace trim.
3. Take the other half of your snap, the socket, and place it on the opposite side of the other end. You’re trying to create a closure so that you can wrap the lace around your neck. 4. Place your cameo button in the center of the choker, and glue it down. Let the project dry at least 3 hours!
There you have it Madame! Wear your choker to your next grand ball, or just out for the night when you’re feeling extra feminine. Love our lace? Take a look at some of the other lace styles we have in stock! Looking for more inspiration? Check out our Medieval Renaissance Inspiration page for trim and notions that are fit for a queen!