After creating our DIY suspender t-shirt on Monday, we’ve been looking for other ways to decorate with nailhead trims. One of the most popular DIYs we’ve found using them are DIY headboards! So, of course, during our search, we came across other really cool headboard tutorials. You can completely change up the vibe of your bedroom with a new headboard and below are our favorites!
DIY Light Up Headboard via A Beautiful Mess
DIY Chalkboard Headboard via Maureen Stevens
DIY Book Headboard via Design Every Day
DIY Upholstered Headboard via Sawdust and Embryos
DIY Wood Headboard via House Tweaking
When sew-on studs entered our store, we knew that we had to use them and adding some edge to our home decor was exactly what we had in mind. We’ve always loved studded throw pillows when we see them in furniture stores and we knew it was now time to make our own!
Sew-on studs (in store)
1. Determine what pattern you want to create with the studs ahead of time.
2. Thread your needle and insert it into the pillow.
3. Sew your first stud onto the needle and push it to the bottom of the thread on the pillow.
4. Sew the thread through the pillow close to the end of the stud and to the point where the next stud will lay.
5. Continue this until you’ve sewn all of your studs and you’ve created a studded throw pillow!
After decking our halls for the holidays, we’ve been extremely inspired to continue our home decorating trend. We’ve decided to start with the coziest place in our homes…the bedroom! Inspired by the lace, plaid, and jacquard patterns in these pictures, we can’t wait to begin DIYing some pieces for our bedrooms!