With Cinco de Mayo just around the corner, we’ve become inspired by the rich and bold culture of Mexico. To celebrate, we’ve created a colorful pompom and ribbon-embellished clutch that’s sure to dazzle and delight all summer long. Rock it at a festival or bring it to the beach!
What You’ll Need:
10mm Woven Ethnic Ribbon
35mm Imported Floral Jacquard
15mm Mini Pompom Loop Fringe
3/4″ 2-Row Mini Pompom Trim
Jumbo Pompom Fringe
1 3/4″ Pompom Fringe
65 X 16mm Metal Tooth Pendant
5 1/2″ Braided Band Imported Tassel
1. Position your trim in the arrangement you like. We used a mix of ribbon and jacquard, and placed them on the clutch horizontally.
2. Begin gluing your trim down. Start in the center and work outward.
3. Cut off any excess trim so that it does not hang over the edge of the clutch.
4. Glue the jumbo pompom trim around the perimeter of the clutch.
5. Add a tassel and pendant to the zipper. Use a jump ring to connect the tooth pendant if you cannot fit it through the zipper pull.
It’s scarf season! With the heat drifting away, it’s time to keep warm with the windy days approaching. If you’re a lover of scarves, well, this post was especially made for you. But let’s face it, who doesn’t love scarves. It’s a great, and fashionable accessory. They are a great asset to your outfits, and of course, your warmth. So enjoy and explore the endless ways of wearing a scarf!
Bold, bright colors on neutral colors. What a great combo!
We love the final look to this! Such a great source of hair accessory.
Such an elegant touch. Use a snap for security.
This style goes great with chiffon or satin material scarves.
Do you enjoy jewelry making? If so, you’ll sure love this DIY project we “chained” up for all you to try out. This week’s DIY project is a gorgeous Floral Medallion Chain Belt. We took three of our favorite chains (do not hesitate to add more) and made this awesome chain belt that can be paired up with just about anything. Sometimes our outfits are missing a little pop, so a chain belt will definitely give you that pop it’s missing. Pair this belt with a shirt dress, a casual button down shirt, or a casual plain dress for best results!
40MM Flower Medallion
3MM Brass Figaro Filed Chain
4MM Steel Cable Chain
5MM Brass 8 Figure Chain
15MM Metal Chain
15x20MM Clasp Jump Ring
Beadalon 10MM Jump Ring
5MM Jump Ring
Chain Nose with Cutter Pliers
Side Cutter Pliers
- Measure your waist with the larger chain and remove any excess chain links.
2. Attach both jump rings to each end of chain, then attach clasp to one end.
3. Attach larger jump ring to the medallion.
4. Attach larger jump ring with medallion to the middle link of the larger chain.
5. Take a different style chain and cut a small portion of it evenly in half.
6. Attach jump ring onto one end of chain to attach to the medallion
7. Take a larger jump ring to attach to one end of chain
8. Attach to the larger chain a few links away from medallion.
9. Repeat steps 5-8 with a second different style chain in a longer portion. Repeat steps 5-9 on opposite side.
10. Take a third style chain and attach jump rings to both ends.
11. Attach to farther ends of larger chain. A few links away from the second chain.
12. Take a larger jump ring to attach the middle link of third chain onto the bottom middle of medallion.
13. Take a larger jump ring to hook all three chains onto the larger chain link.
“Diamonds are a girl’s best friend.” Well than here’s another best friend to add to your list, your clutch! What’s an outfit without the perfect accessories. This fall, start bringing does clutches out because we’ve rounded up some pretty amazing clutches that are so in this 2015 fall season. From bold straps, to vibrant patterned fabric covered clutches, these little beauties will have you saying…”There’s no such thing as too many bags.” You will want them all!
Lanvin Fall 2015 Collection. Loving the bold strap for extra security to hold on to this beauty. Don’t ever let it go!
Dries Van Noten Fall/Winter 2015 Collection. Bold and vibrant fabric clutches is a must this fall season.
Marc by Marc Jacobs Fall 2015 Collection. This bag is so chic; the studs and size of the bag gives it an extra bold look.
Vivienne Westwood Fall 2015 Collection. The reason you will fall in love with straps for your clutches this fall. Keep those hands warm while looking fab!
Miu Miu Fall 2015 Collection. Make your clutch a statement piece with a bold and vibrant strap. The large chain compliments the clutch just right.
Lace is such a beautiful and delicate fabric to work with. It brings pure elegance to just about anything. When people hear lace, we tend to think weddings and formal gowns, etc. But this is fashion, and fashion has no rules. Fashion allows us to take the usual and turn it into the unusual. Here we have some nontraditional ways on using lace. We found some creative ways to use this beautiful fabric for you all to get inspired with. Hope you enjoy this post as much as we enjoyed searching for these beauties!
The perfect lace infinity scarf. Looks so cozy!
For the love of lace! This outfit screams elegance and grace.
Beautiful clutch for the upcoming fall season.
Loving the lace and burlap combination. Very serene.
Lace cuffs ! So beautiful to add to your arm candy collection.
We’ve been zipper crazed! Our last DIY features a necklace made of some lace, beaded trim, and of course a zipper! We’ve gathered some accessories that were made out of zippers that we find pretty cool and unique. Add some zippers to your accessory tray with these inspiring accessories that features all sorts of zippers.
So chic! Loving the layered zipper effect.
Arm candy fever !! We are loving these beautiful colored zippers.
Feathers, zippers, and some studs. So creative!
Statement piece of zippers! This is beautifully put together.
Need a ring for that statement piece?
This week we’ve been focusing on the use of rope and cord for decor almost exclusively, but there’s so much more to do with this type of trim! We took a look at some of our favorite ways to feature these elements in your outfit, and we think you’ll agree that when it comes to rope, the possibilities are plentiful!
This fall and winter metal hardware meets braided cotton for dynamic accessories with both texture and shine.
The perfect pair of sandals for summer, these Jimmy Choos are knotted in all the right ways.
A modern bag gets an earthy touch with rope handles.
Not only is this a chic statement necklace, it’s easy enough to make with these simple steps!
This backpack is perfect for a day at the beach and channeling those nautical vibes.
This week we have a DIY that is the perfect piece to complete your spring and summer wardrobe. Inspired by Marni’s incredible rope necklaces, we decided to put all of our cord to good use! This simpler design features one length of cord at a time, but you can always add additional segments to the necklace. We like wearing a clustered bunch to really make a statement, but you can also rock one at a time. These necklaces are a little bit nautical too, making them perfect for your summer vacation at sea!
6mm Braided Metallic Cord
12mm Imported Chenille Twist
End Caps (small and large)
Chenille Cord Necklace1. Measure your chenille cord around your neck, and cut depending on how long you want your necklace. Cut cord.
2. Take your jewelry wire and hold the tip with the loop with a set of pliers. Create a knot by twisting the wire into a ball. This will allow the wire not to fall through the opening of the end cap.
3. Place the loop tip into the end cap so it come out on the other side.
4. Add glue and place cord into the end cap. Let dry and repeat on other side.
5. Add a jump ring to each end and a lobster clasp to on end.
Braided Metallic Cord Necklace
1. After cutting your cord to the desired length, take your smaller end caps and add glue inside.
2. Place cord end into the cap and let dry. Repeat on the other side.
3. Add a jump ring to each end and a lobster clasp to on end.
If you’ve ever accidentally mixed up your keys with someone else’s, if you find yourself struggling to find your keys at the bottom of a big tote bag, you’re in need of a key chain. Key chains are the perfect DIY because they are small, can use a number of different materials, and don’t take very long to make!
Make this cute letter key chain that can be customized with different statement beads!
Armed with some basic sewing skills and fun ribbon, you could make these adorable key fobs!
Guard your precious keys with these fearsome painted beast keychains!
Wood you be able to say no to these charming wooden key charms? Yeah, we wouldn’t be able to either.
Give your Jenga pieces new life by making them into Mod Podged map piece keychains!
Looking for the perfect accessory for that party this spring? Make a basic clutch bloom with a little floral beaded trim! This pastel purse is great for a garden wedding, bridal shower, or any garden party!
What You’ll Need:
5/8” Sequin Flower
1- Take your sequin trim and measure from the end of one side of the clutch to the other. Cut to size.
2- Glue trim down.
3- Add around row of trim above the one you just glued down. Glue down and let dry.