This week’s DIY is quite a stunner! As we head into cooler weather, it’s up to our outfits to keep us bold, bright and warm. Well we have a few of those bases covered with this statement necklace that we created using a zipper and some glamorous metallic trim. This statement necklace would look great over a little black dress, and if you’re really crafty, you can use it in place of a typical zipper for your next sewing project.
1 1/2” (38 MM) Metallic Lace
7/8″ Multi-Beaded Trim
18″ Heavy Separating Jacket Zipper
Needle and Thread
1. Measure how much lace and beaded trim you will need.
2. Add one inch to the desired size, and cut to that size.
3. Place glue on one side of the zipper.
4. Glue down your lace. Repeat on the opposite side and let dry.
5. Sew the lace into place for extra security.
6. Flip the zipper over and place glue on the other side.
7. Add beaded trim to glue. Repeat on the opposite side and let dry.
8. Sew the trim into place for extra security.
9. Add glue to the end pieces of lace, and fold them over so you don’t have any raw edges. This will help to prevent fraying.