When it comes to Valentine’s Day, one of the sweetest gifts to give and receive is something handmade! This year, why not make your sweetheart something they can see every single day? This DIY is a perfect piece of wall art, and will fit right in no matter what your home decor looks like because this DIY is completely customizable.
What You’ll Need:
Buttons: (Use different sizes)
10″ x 10″ Foam Core Board or Canvas Board
1. Lay out your herringbone ribbon on one side. Be sure to leave enough ribbon to cover the sides of the foam board.
2. Begin creating the pattern with the ribbons. Make sure that what you do to one side, you mirror on the other side.
3. Pin down or glue the ribbons, and cut the excess.
4. Keep creating a pattern with the herringbone until the entire board is covered.
5. Turn the board over and cut the excess ribbon.
6. Lay your buttons out into a heart-shaped pattern.
7. Pick one button up at a time, and glue down to maintain your desired shape.
We love how personalized you can make this project. You can grosgrain ribbon, metal buttons, or make the shape into a monogram. The options are endless, and allow you to make a DIY that really comes from the heart!