It’s been two months since we launched Project DIY, and we can’t get over how incredibly creative our subscribers are! As some of you may have noticed, our October Project DIY box has more edge than September’s box. That’s because for October we’re embracing the Punk Revival vibe! The DIY below was a finalist for our latest box, but proved to be a little more dark and daring. Although this gothic design didn’t fit into the collection, we loved the bracelet so much that we just couldn’t keep it to ourselves!
What You’ll Need:
2 End caps
1. We’re going for the layered look, so wrap the cord around your wrist a few times to measure the length.
3. Take cord end caps, and attach to each end of the cord. Clamp down to secure cord in the end cap.
4. Take a jump ring, and attach it to the hole on the end cap. Repeat this step on the other side, but add the lobster clasp as well.
5. Now it’s time for the fun part: embellishing! Count 6 spikes, and then detach them from the chain. Repeat this until you have no leftover chain.
6. The next step is to add one jump ring to each of the spike fringe segments you just created.
7. Finally, add the jump ring with the fringe chain section to the cord and close the jump ring. Repeat this step until all of the chain sections are attached to the cord.
You’re all done! Pair this bracelet with some black jeans and a rebel yell, and you’re good to go! If you haven’t had enough punk goth aesthetic for the day, check out our Punk Goth Inspiration page for all of your dark and brooding needs. Looking for something a little more glamorous? Subscribe to this month’s Project DIY box!