Last week we shared this street style snap of Miroslava Duma sporting an elaborate pearl headpiece, and we were so inspired that we decided to DIY our own! All we needed were some jewels and jewelry wire from M&J Trimming, and a bit of patience. Follow our steps below to make your own.
- 1 package faux pearls
- 3 packages clear oval sew-on jewels
- 1 package covered triangle stones
- thin silver jewelry wire
1. Cut a piece of wire that will fit around your head, plus a few inches. Begin threading the pearls onto the wire.
2. Add enough pearls so they fit perfectly around the circumference of your head. Tie the ends of the wire together to create a circle. Snip off any excess wire. This will be the base of your headpiece.
3. Cut a piece of wire that will go from the middle of your forehead to the middle of the back of your head, plus a few inches. Thread 10-15 oval jewels onto the wire. Tie the ends onto opposite sides of the pearl circle, so it divides the pearl circle in half. This strand will be the top of the headpiece.
4. Create another strand of about 10-15 oval jewels. Tie one end onto one of the spots where the other oval jewels are attached to the pearls. This will be the front of the headpiece. Tie the other end onto the pearls, a few inches from the back of the headpiece. You may want to try the headpiece on to decide exactly where you want to tie the jewels. Repeat this step with another strand of jewels, so you have one on each side.
5. Create two more strands of pearls. These will be hanging down from the headpiece, so each one should be an inch or two longer than half of the pearl circle. Attach one end of each strand to the front of the headpiece, and one end to the back.
6. Thread a small piece of wire through the triangle stone, then tie it to the front of the headpiece. Position your amazing new headpiece on your head and you’re all set!