As you all may know cutting up a simple shirt and making a glam addition to a wardrobe happens to be my favorite DIY project. I Simple T-shirt is a great canvas for a creative mind. Today I would like to show how to braid a T-shirt, it is very simple and the result is always funky and chic.
- Plain T-shirt
- Scissors or blade
- Beaded AppliqueStyle: 44319
- Fabric Chalk or pencil
- Needle and thread
- Remove the collar from T-shirt.
- Find center back and mark with a pin.
- Beginning 1” down from the back neckline mark a line 8” across. Be sure it is center.
- Mark 10 lines decreasing the size by 1” every other, your final line should be 4” across.
- Using a blade or scissors cut open your markings creating strips.
- Grab the second strip and loop around the one above by pulling it behind and then over.
- Continue braiding and stitch the last piece to the inside of the final slash.
- Stitch the appliqué on to the shirt at the end of the braid to create a finished look.