As I mentioned in a previous post, hair accessories are quite big this season. Large eccentric bows were part of many spring 2010 collections including; Marc Jacobs, Milly, Jason Wu, and Cynthia Steffe. The looks were over the top, but when worn on the streets we want to tone it down just a little. Using a satin ribbon a little elastic and some glue I created my own version. This project is easy and quick but the out come is chic.
- 1 yard 70Mm Midori Double Face Satin RibbonStyle: 37309
- 4 inches of elastic
- Bottle of Magna-Tac 8 Oz.Style: 26155
- Determine how large you’d like your bow to be. I created a bow approximately 10” across.
- I folded the ribbon in half and measured down from the center 10” and then glued, so that I was left with a 10” loop.
- I then glued the area I just closed to the center so that I was now left with 2 5” loops.
- You can cut a 3” piece off the end of your ribbon, fold and glue so that this piece is now 2” by 1”.
- Wrap this smaller piece around the center of the 2 loops.
- Secure with glue in the back
- Take a measurement around your head. Cut the loose ends of the ribbon down so that they are 2” smaller than your head measurement.
- Fold unfinished ends under about ½” and secure with glue
- Glue elastic to the center of the loose ribbon ends, then fold the ribbon around and secure with glue.
- Wear and enjoy.