Now that Holiday Season is in full swing I am sure that you’ve all got an enormous amount of cards poring in. Running out of room on the mantel? We may have a solution for you; this project is quick and relatively inexpensive. All you will need is; some ribbon, left over fabric, and a hot glue gun, and you’re in business.
- Piece of foam cork, we cut ours down to 24” x 24”
- 1 ½ yard of each ribbon you’d like to use
- Piece of fabric 2” larger than the measurement of your foam cork
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Cut foam cork down to desired size
- Place foam cork over top pressed fabric and center. Starting on one side fold over 1” remaining fabric and hot glue to the back of cork. I like to glue the corners over first at a 45 degree angle before the sides; I believe it makes the cleanest looking corners.
- Cut ribbon 2” longer than your board. Lay them out the way you desire.
- Fold ends towards the back and hot glue. You may want to pull out a ruler to be sure you get them all nice and straight.
- Fill with your holiday cards or pictures and enjoy!