What’s something really useful that you could definitely DIY in less than a day? A wallet! They’re simple, but can make a real style statement. They’re also the perfect presents for loved ones. The best part? You could probably make all of the ones listed below in one Sunday afternoon.
This fabric option by Color Me Domestic is crafty, girly and fun! And while the button she used in her tutorial is a beloved basic, we can’t help but dream of which buttons we would use!
More of a card holder than a wallet, this style from Lovely Indeed is so sleek that it will make a memorable impact with anyone who sees it. Love the gold leaf for added luxury!
This leather wallet from Oh Sweet Joy is the PERFECT present for any guy in your life. It’s homemade and stylish, but rugged and manly all the same.
Love Maegan upgraded her wallet with some divine gold accents that we just can’t get enough of! The designs add a fun update to this basic style.
This card holder is perfect for those of us who make shopping a sport, or happen to be members at a lot of libraries. Keep your cards organized with this cool DIY!
These DIYs make us want to keep our wallets out just a little bit longer when we’re at checkout, just in case someone is checking out our fine handiwork.
A while back, we shared this incredible studded clutch as our DIY inspiration. We spotted it on the lovely Chiara of The Blonde Salad, and it instantly went on our must-try DIY list. And now we’re proud to say that we’ve finally made it! With a few materials from M&J Trimming, it was easy to transform a simple black wallet into an edgy studded bag with a chain strap. You can use it as a clutch, like Chiara, or you can drape it over your shoulder for an effortless look. Either way, check out our instructions below to make your own!
1. Gather your supplies. You’ll need:
2. Add about 8 studs to the piece of leather trim. You’ll have to push the studs through in the front, then push down the prongs in the back. Make sure you leave about an inch without studs on either end.
3. Measure out where you want your studded strap on the wallet. Flip over the studded piece of leather, and use your glue to attach one of the ends to the clutch. When you glue it, the studded side should be facing down.
4. Once the glue has dried for the first side of the strap, flip it over so the studs are facing up. Fold down the extra inch on the other end, and glue it onto the wallet to create the strap. Hold in place while the glue dries.
5. Use your pliers to open up a link on both ends of the chain.
6. If your wallet has holes on top, you can simply slip the link through and then close it with your pliers. If not, you will need to create a hole on either side with a leather hole punch. Attach the chain on both sides of the wallet to create the strap. Now you’re all done!