We can’t get enough of Valentine’s Day DIYs and Fabric Paper Glue is just the place to go if you can’t either! With the prettiest blog layout to the prettiest DIYs, Mandy is definitely a crafting expert. She has tons of gift ideas so make sure to check out her site!
For Valentine’s Day, iSpyDIY is hosting a segment where popular male bloggers create DIYs that ladies can make for the special men in their lives! Doesn’t iSpyDIY come up with the coolest ideas?! Her first DIY features Marat Shaya creating a DIY varsity sweater using our varsity letters (in store). This season of love should be renamed to the season of creativity!
The best Valentine’s Day gifts are the ones that are handmade with love. That’s why a DIY floral bouquet is the perfect gift! It is beautiful and never dies! Using ribbons from our Valentine’s Day inspired secetion on our website, we love the way this DIY came out and we hope you do, too!
4 yds of red double faced silk ribbon
1 ft of red sheer satin edge ribbon
1 yd of twine
1. Cut 2-3 ft of your red double faced ribbon. At one end, fold the longer end over the shorter end making a right triangle, as shown.
2. Make a second right triangle with the longer end of the ribbon, as shown.
3. Keep making right triangles by folding the longer ribbon over itself until you have made several squares. Make sure to hold your squares together with one hand as you work.
4. Once you’ve made enough squares, take what is left of the longer end and slide it through the center hole of your squares. Pull it close so that it makes the center of your flower. Make sure to keep holding your squares in place.
5. Slightly twist some of the levels to make the flower look more believable. Glue some of the layers together so that the flower doesn’t unravel.
6. Cut about 2.5 ft of your wire and fold it over twice, as shown.
7. Add some glue to the ribbon that is at the back of your flower and wrap it around the wire.
8. Add glue to the end of your green ribbon and add it to the very top of the wrapped wire. Keep wrapping the green ribbon around the wire until you are about 2 inches from the bottom.
9. Cut the green ribbon and add glue to finish the stem.
10. Repeat steps 1-9 to create more flowers.
11. Use your twine to wrap your flowers together. Starting at the middle of your stems, wrap down to the bottom of your wires and then back to the top where you started. Cut and hold the twine in place with glue.
12. Use your sheer ribbon to add a bow in the middle of your twine.
13. And now you have a beautiful bouquet to give to your loved one!
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, we are all searching for the perfect gift to give that special someone. We all know that the best gift is from the heart so these five DIY projects are just what we are looking for!
DIY Love You Jar via Creme de la Craft
DIY Heart Bracelet via I Spy DIY
DIY Valentine Necklace via Stripes and Sequins
DIY Love Ring via Swellmayde
DIY Love Yarn Letters via My Sister’s Suitcase
We’re back for more videos! We took a little break for the holiday’s but were back on schedule bringing you a new DIY Project every week. Be sure to check out our DIY Videos Page to see a new video every week.
This week I’m showing you how to revamp your old and outdated picture frame with Buttons! Lots and lots of Buttons! With heart attached, give this gift to your special Valentine’s this year.
Click here for the list of materials
Happy DIY’s, Blerona