We love when bloggers use our products to create special pieces for their wardrobes and homes. We really began to blush when we got a copy of New Dress A Day blogger, Marisa Lynch’s new book The Ultimate DIY Guide to Creating Fashion Dos from Thrift-Store Don’ts. Marisa was kind enough to send it along with a little note letting us know how much she loves M&J Trimming but the real ‘melt our hearts’ moment happened when we saw her shoutout to M&J in the book!
We can read her shoutout over and over and never get bored with it (Thanks Marisa!). In the book, she gives detailed tutorials on how to fix and update your wardrobe with various trims.
We can’t wait to see all of you try out these New Dress A Day DIYs with our lace, beaded, feather, fringe, leather, and ribbon trims! Some of our ribbon trims are now half off, too! Make sure to tweet us your pictures if you do.
Every summer I have specific color that I try to mix in with my everyday outfits and this year it’s all about the NEONS! I specifically love wearing hints of neon in my outfit, little pops of color that are sure to catch the eye. Today I took a walk around M&J Trimming trying to find some neon embellishments for a DIY and I was so surprised when I realized all of the neon colors popping out in between the trims. So many different trims and beautiful colors, I decided a NEON inspired DIY can wait because I just had to share these beautiful burst of COLOR trims inside of M&J Trimming with you!
We’re excited to announce our Cyber Monday Sale!!
Monday, November 29th 2010 get 15% Off Entire Site Including RHINESTONES!!
Save 15% off your entire order including Swarovski rhinestones on Monday, November 29th 2010. Sale begins at 12am ends at 11:59pm EST. Take advantage of our special sale while supplies last.
Coupon codes are not valid on sale and promotional items.
Don’t you just love just love wearing headbands! It’s jewelry in your hair, and the one-of-kind-headbands are my forte. Since I love DIY’s so much of course I’d try my hand in hair accessories. And these accessories are super easy, Instant Gratification! Check out this Oh So Chic DIY Hand bands
Directions First Headband:
- Step 1: Measure the elastic head band around your head. Make sure it’s tight enough to stay put. Then cut elastic trim to the correct size.
- Step2: Take your appliqué and hot glue one end onto the back of the appliqué, then hot glue the other end. And you finished!
Second Head band:
- Step 1: Measure the Metallic trim around your head and cut. Now cut off an extra 2inches of the cut trim and hot glue or sew one end of remaining elastic thread to that end.
- Step 2: Measure the trim and sewn elastic thread around your head again, and be sure to make it tight to stretch out the elastic trim for a stronger hold.
- Step 3: Once you measured it cut the extra elastic off and hot glue or sew to the other end of the metallic trim.
M&J Trimming has been featured in Marth Stewart Living, in The Best Favorites, Secrets & Sources article. We’ve been nominated as one of the treasured New York City sources for “The Best Finishing Touches”.
Embellishing anything with trims makes all the difference. Whether it be pom-pom fringe, gimps or cordage that you use on a simple and inexpensive pillow to liven up your room, you will not be disappointed. It’s a fun creative and money saving DIY that sets you apart from all the rest!
Here are the style #’s and descriptions listed in order with the magazine:
1. – Style# 40071007 Limbardi Gimp
2. – Style# 38623008 Pom Pom Fringe
4. – Style# 88727059 Leather Cord/ Trim
5. – Style# 88720039 Frog/Motif
9. – Style# 40095005 Naples Brush Fringe
11. – Style# 88706029 Braid
12. – Style# 39637006 Teleman Gimp Scallop
13. – Style# 41165010 2” Genuine Leather
14. – Style# 00601 3” Rayon Bullion Fringe –Reef Gold
15. - Style# 88727059 Leather cord/Trim
16. – Style# 41897 Greek Key Jaquard – Orange Cream
17. – Style# 27139 Braided Band Imported Tassel – Amber
18. – Style# 40751002 Nurgali Ball Tassel Fringe
19. – Style# 40566 butterfly Pleat Taffeta – Mauve
On the Pillows
- Style# 88715059 Large Embroidery Applique
- Style# 13916003 Small Metallic Motif
- Style# 40095011 Naples Brush Fringe
Round Beige Pillow
- Style# 38634017 Berry Covered Ball Fringe
Are you planning a trip to M&J Trimming’s showroom in NYC? If you are, then you’ll be glad to hear the good news. We now offer group tours within our showroom. Our Marketing Coordinator will give you a presentation on how the company got started and what we offer. She will also answer any questions you may have about the industry; making this a fun and informative trip.
All group tours also receives a small goody-bag for each person and 15% off your purchase in the store and online. For more information or to sign-up, please e-mail email@example.com with “Group Tour” on the subject line. We look forward to seeing you soon.