The sun is quite hot today, which also mean its still summer. We have a long way to go before it starts getting cold again. Of course summer time usually means a little less fabric, more skin and more accessories. I know that the recession has everyone on a budget, but it doesn’t necessarily mean looking fashionably attractive has to also be on a budget. Just turn to DIY projects and you’ll notice that making things on your own can turn out just as great as a finished piece from the department stores.
This week, we’re going to create and design our own Swarovski bracelet. To make the bracelet, we’ll be using the Swarovski sew-on stone collection. Here’s the list of the materials and instructions.
Small patch of black suede fabric
- Take the Swarovski sew-on stones and lay them on top of the suede patch. Lay them according to the design you like.
- After you finished the design, pick up one stone from the pattern and add glue to the back. Don’t add too much or the glue will end up showing.
- Lay the stone back down onto the pattern. Repeat this with all the stones.
- Let it to dry for a bout 5 minutes. After it’s dry, use the scissors and trim the suede. Follow the pattern you designed.
- Now add a dab of glue onto the back side of the patch, and lay the patch on top of the 1/8” suede tape. Remember to lay it on the center of the tape.
- You’re all done.