We love a good pair of high heels as much as the next girl, but when summer rolls around, flat sandals are our shoe of choice. We love the ease and comfort that they provide, so we sought out some of the best DIY sandals. In no particular order, here’s our top 5!
DIY Glitter Sandals by Glitter N Glue
DIY Arrow Sandals by Kaye at The Etsy Blog
DIY Tribal Wrap Sandals by I Spy DIY
DIY Spiked Sandals by Fashion After Breakfast
DIY Fringed Gladiator Sandals by Chic Steals
We may be suffering from this crazy NYC heat, but our thoughts are always brightened by the thought of outdoor summer parties. There’s nothing quite like entertaining some friends on a warm night, especially if you get a chance to whip up some DIY decorations. Garlands are a lovely way to jazz up any festivities, so we picked out our favorite DIY garlands that would be perfect for a summer party. Check them out and let us know what you think!
DIY Tassel Garland by A Pair & A Spare
DIY Fabric Flower Garland by Once Wed/Dolci Odille
DIY Twine-Ball Light Garland by Pocketful of Dreams
Ombre Star Garland by Currently Coveting
DIY Floating Pom Pom Garland by The Sweetest Occasion
With the 4th of July coming up, we know that everyone will be heading out to the beach to celebrate summer. So it’s the perfect time to DIY a cute swimsuit coverup. Check out our 5 favorites below!
N0 Sew Swimsuit Coverup by Watch Out For The Woestmans
T-Shirt Beach Coverup by Wobisobi
DIY Beach Dress by HomeLife
DIY T-Shirt Bathing Suit Coverup by Love Maegan
Simple Beach Coverup by Bored and Crafty
A day at the beach isn’t complete without a chic sun hat to top it off, so we went searching for the best DIY hats to make this summer. Check out our list below and let us know which one you like best!
1. DIY Sun Hat by P.S. I Made This
2. DIY Embellished Hat by Style Slicker
3. DIY Stitched Hat by Honestly WTF
4. DIY 1940s-Inspired Hat by Grosgrain Fabulous
5. DIY Floppy Hat by Knocked Up Fabulous
Summer’s here, which means we’re ready to slip into our trusty denim cutoffs again. But this summer we couldn’t help but add a little DIY magic to our old jean shorts. So with a bit of lace and some simple sewing materials from M&J Trimming, we whipped up these lace-trimmed shorts that we’ll be living in all summer long. Try it out yourself and let us know how it turns out!
1. Cut a triangle out of your shorts that is roughly the shape of the lace. Make sure the triangle is centered on one of the side seams of the shorts.
2. Cut out a piece of lace in your desired size. You don’t have to use all of the trim – feel free to cut off the edges to get the right shape! Then pin the lace in place on top of the shorts.
3. Thread your needle, tie a knot at the end of the thread, and start sewing the lace to your shorts, pulling the needle in and out. Make sure you sew both the inner and outer edges. Once you have it all sewn down, tie a few knots where you finish, cut off the rest of the thread, and you’re all set. Now go show off your shorts!
With summer on its way, there’s no better time to DIY a trendy pair of shorts. We scouted through our favorite DIY blogs to find the best shorts tutorials – check out our picks!
1. Floral Print Denim Short by Swell Mayde
2. Distressed Denim Cutoff Shorts by A Pair & A Spare
3. Scalloped Shorts by Boat People
4. Embellished Short by P.S. I Made This
5. Leopard Print Short Shorts by Because I’m Addicted
Be sure to check out next week’s DIY Video, where I show you how to make another great spring accessory!
Here’s a sneak peak!