Halloween is right around the corner, if you don’t have time to buy a costume. Then why not make your own fun jewel encrusted head-piece. Its easy and fun, and you will definitely stand out. It’s a piece you can do at home at your own time, you don’t have to worry about waiting on those long lines in the costume stores anymore.
- 20” of elastic sequence trim 4 row, Style # 34479 Royal
- 6” of 1. 5 Single faced Satin ribbon, Style # 00299 Black
- -Guinea Pad feather, Style # 43373 Royal (1.800.9.mjtrim)
- Mallard Duck Pad Feather, Style # 42648 Navy
- 24 x 17” Oval sew-on stone, Style # 40940 Crystal Satin
- 18 x 10.5 ” Pear Sew-on Stone, Style # 27474 Crystal
- 22mm Square Sew-on Stone, Style # 27476 Jet Hematite
- 10 x 2” Navette Rhinestone with Setting, Style# 03911 Montana
- 12 mm Sew-on Rhinestone, Style # 32016 Crystal
- 1/8 yd of 3.25” Feather Fringe on Satin, Style # 30865 Black
- 2” of 24mm Elastic Trim, Style # 41259 Black
- Take the 6” piece of ribbon and face it upside down, you are going to fold the feather fringe and glue it in the middle of the satin ribbon. Glue the two ends of the satin ribbon in the middle after gluing the feathers.
- Turn the feather and satin ribbon so that the glued part of the ribbon is facing down, take the big square sew-on and glue it in the middle of the satin ribbon. Take the large oval sew-on and glue it to the right of the large square sew-on. Take the round sew-on and glue it on the left side of the square sew-on. Then glue the small navette and glue it in between the round and square sew-on (on the bottom). Then take the pear-shaped sew-on and glue it in between the round and the square shape sew-on (on the top).
- Turn the Jewel encrusted satin piece and turn it around. First glue the Mallard Duck pad feather to the satin ribbon. Then glue the Guinea pad feather on top of the mallard duck pad feather. (Glue it so both feather pad show)
- Then glue the Feather piece to the sequence trim. Glue it so it’s a little to the side of your head.
- Take the two inches of elastic and sew it on to both sides of the sequence trim.
Dear Blog Readers,
If you haven’t checked out M&J Trimming’s website now’s the time! We have a huge selection of trimmings perfect for your everyday projects and fun DIY’s. We are always updating our website with new trimmings with products imported from all over the world. Click below to check out our new products from M&J Trimming, and sign up for our Emailer to receive weekly updates on new items and discounts from M&J Trimming.
Check out our New Products Page
Sign up for our Weekly Emailer
Happy Monday!, Blerona
Dear Fashion Lovers,
Our last Holiday DIY Video is here, and I’m showing you how to make this glamorous t-shirt, the perfect statement piece for your New Years Celebration. Be sure to get creative when making this DIY.
Click here for the list of materials used.
Happy New Years, Blerona
We all have old bangles cluttering our jewelry boxes. I’d like to share with a quick way to turn your old bangle into a blingin’ Swarovski art piece. I embellished only a portion of the bangle so that you can get a feel for the before and after.
When using different shapes and sizes for this type of embellishing I like to draw out the shape and exact dimensions of what I am going to embellish on paper first. Then lay out my design. This helps you find a pattern that works, so that you avoid gaps or a cramped looking design. Once you have decided on the design of your choice you may begin gluing your stones to your bangle. I believe that the E-6000 adhesive works best.
Today embellishing is seen everywhere, from necklines to ankles. It’s a great way to add color and a little flash to an everyday piece. I was really inspired by John Hardy’s new bamboo and sterling silver cuffs. Since I am not an expert jewelry crafter, I figured a leather cuff would be a great way to get the look.
Please note that M&J Trimming offers a wide selection of sew on jewels and beads. So explore our selection and be creative.
You will also need:
- Gem Tac glue
- 2 18mm snaps (1-800-9MJ-TRIM)
- Leather needle
- Measure wrist
- Cut Leather 2″ longer than wrist measurement.
- Create your design
- Using Gem Tac lightly glue down your design to the leather. Be sure to measure and center. I like to wait about 4 hours to allow the glue to set. Once you feel that your jewels are adequately attached you may sew the jewels on to the leather. I like to glue the jewels down first, I think it makes this step easier. If you’re comfortable with sewing them without glue feel free.
- Measure in 1″ from sides. Center snaps in center of 1″ edge. Sew them down in a vertical position from one another. The female piece should be sewn on the outside of the cuff and the male piece on the inside. This will make the cuff easiest to get on and off.
- Wear, enjoy!
People often ask me what’s my advice when it comes to fashion. My reply is “Accessorize, accessorize and accessorize some more”. Accessories can really help enhance what you’re wearing; unless you’re already wearing something that sparkles all on its own. Some examples would be a sequin dress or an overly embellished jewel dress.
The Swarovski bracelet I made today would look great with an outfit that doesn’t have any embellishments on it. Like your “Little Black” dress. So let’s get started.
- Lay out your pattern. As you can see, my pattern switches between the rectangle and oval jewels.
- Carefully using the pliers open and add a jump ring to the circle end of the closure.
- Add the rectangle jewel to the jump ring.
- After that, add another jump ring and add the oval jewel to the jump ring.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you run out of jewels.
- At the end of the pattern, add five jump rings and then add the long end of the closure.
- Now you’re bracelet is ready to be worn.
Expecting flowers this Valentines day? Why not put them in a vase as hot as the man who sent them. You can dress up an old vase or grab an inexpensive plain glass vase from your home décor shop.
- Plug in hot glue gun. Allow gun to heat up 3-5 minutes.
- Once glue-gun is hot and glue can easily be applied, begin applying to the lip of the vase. Do this while working in small section, about 2-3inches at a time. Apply the tape of the fringe to the lip while glue is still hot. Work around entire lip of vase. Trim off any excess fringe.
- Apply feather tape in same manner.
- Glue 1st mesh covered jewel on top of tape. Measure 2 1/2″ from either side of jewel and apply the 2nd. Continue around entire lip of vase.
Do you like all things glits and glam? How about shinny and new? Then you’ll definitely like our newly updated Swarovski Rhinestone center. In this center you’ll find all of our Swarovski crystal merchandise as well as rhinestone related merchandise such as the rhinestone kits.
You can apply these items to wedding gowns, invitations, wedding cakes and even center pieces. It’s amazing how adding a little accessory can make a big difference.
M&J Trimming is proud to announce that we now have three new categories, Sew-on, Sequins and More. Here at M&J Trimming we strive to make a memorable shopping experience for all customers. Therefore, we have created these new categories in order to make your search easier for when you’re in need for these specific garment embellishments.
Within the “Sew-on” category, you’ll notice that we have recently added new items. We have also separated the sew-on jewels into multiple subcategories. Whether you’re in need of glass sew-on or shell sew-on, you’ll be sure to easy find what you are searching for.
Our other category is “Sequins”. For years, sequins have been quite popular on various garments. However, its’ popularity and demands have grown tremendously within the past couple of years. For this reason, M&J Trimming had decided that sequins deserved its’ very own category. You’ll be able to find items such as basic sequin trims to loose sequins and sequin-decorated appliqués.
Last, but not least, we have the “More” category. The title of the category may seem a bit odd and the decision did not come easily. After months of deliberation, we decided that this category would have items such as flower pins, chains, boas and more. Within this category you’ll be able to find unique embellishments and accessories.
We hope that the new category will assist in making your search easier when you’re looking for these items. We’ll keep you updated with more changes coming soon.