This Mother’s Day make your mom something as bright and colorful as her personality! We used a basic coral scarf as a base, and embellished it with pompom trim in fun colors! This scarf would look beautiful paired with a floral dress and sandals.
What You’ll Need:
1 3/4” Pom Pom Fringe
3/8” Pom Pom Fringe
15mm Mini Pom Pom Loop Fringe
Needle and Thread
Scissors1. Evenly fold your scarf in half. Take your loop fringe and wrap around the end of the scarf about 7 inches up.
2. Cut and sew in place.
3. Under the loop you just sewed, take another pom pom fringe and wrap around scarf end and sew in place.
4. Take your last fringe and wrap around the two you just sewed. Sew in place.
When it comes to dressing for colder weather, the key word to keep in mind is layering. Not only does layering allow you to be completely comfortable in any environment, it also lets you get a little more chic with your style with minimal effort. For instance, the scarf, which is an autumn mainstay, instantly adds polish to any fall outfit. Take a look at some of our favorite scarves for the season, and see how they impact the overall styling of the outfit!
Colder weather is on its way, and we’re so excited to work on DIYs in anticipation. Mittens, hats, scarves, boots – we’re all about winter accessories! With that in mind, we gathered our favorite scarf DIYs to get a little inspiration. Time to start DIYing!
DIY Lace Scarf by A Beautiful Mess
DIY Pom Pom Scarf by What I Wore
DIY Galaxy Scarf by Scarves.Net
DIY Circle Scarf by Cotton & Curls
DIY Fringe Scarf by I Spy DIY
Erin of Thanks, I Made It recently had the great idea of DIYing a pair of sandals with scarves, and we absolutely loved the idea. We decided to whip up our own pair using an old pair of sandals and some beautiful Otrera scarves. Keep reading to see our tutorial.
image via Thanks I Made It
Supplies: A pair of sandals, two small scarves (or one large scarf cut in half), scissors, glue (optional)
1. Cut off the back strap on each of the sandals.
2. Place the scarf horizontally over the middle of the sandal strap. Bring the ends around either side of the strap and pull them through from underneath.
3. Wrap the scarves around your ankle and tie in the back, and you’re ready to wear your new shoes!