Decorating your children’s room can be so fun, makes you feel like a kid again with all the arts and crafts involved. It’s the best part of a room because the creativity is endless and nothing can look to childish. Which is why decided to make this super cool picture frame holder for boys room. Since I’m in love with the 3-d pop-out picture frames i decided to incorporate it into the frame holder for pictures, here’s is what I came up with.
- Step1: Take your empty picture frame and remove the glass.
- Step 2: Measure and cut the felt to fit within the picture frame. Then hot glue it the closing part of the frame.
- Step 3: Measure and cut the pom-pom fringe, you can measure it diagonally or horizontally on the frame before cutting, then t-pin or tape down
- Step 4: Take one end of the felt ribbon and hot glue it to the frame (be sure to glue it under the pom-pom fringe)
- Step 5: Once it is dry, pull the ribbon down in a straight line and hot glue it to the end of the board and cut.
- Step 5: Continue steps four and five with all three ribbons, alternating colors.
- Step 6: Once all the ribbons have been hot glued, hot glue the pom-pom fringe and remove the t-pins or tape.
- Step 7: Hot glue the flower buttons in desired locations around the frame.
- Step 8: Glue the letters to your child’s name above the pom-pom fringe. (I printed out my letters from the computer)
- Step 9: Optional: I cut the pom-poms off the extra trim and glued them on the ribbons.
Dear Blog Readers,
If you haven’t checked out M&J Trimming’s website now’s the time! We have a huge selection of trimmings perfect for your everyday projects and fun DIY’s. We are always updating our website with new trimmings with products imported from all over the world. Click below to check out our new products from M&J Trimming, and sign up for our Emailer to receive weekly updates on new items and discounts from M&J Trimming.
Check out our New Products Page
Sign up for our Weekly Emailer
Happy Monday!, Blerona
Now that Holiday Season is in full swing I am sure that you’ve all got an enormous amount of cards poring in. Running out of room on the mantel? We may have a solution for you; this project is quick and relatively inexpensive. All you will need is; some ribbon, left over fabric, and a hot glue gun, and you’re in business.
- Piece of foam cork, we cut ours down to 24” x 24”
- 1 ½ yard of each ribbon you’d like to use
- Piece of fabric 2” larger than the measurement of your foam cork
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Cut foam cork down to desired size
- Place foam cork over top pressed fabric and center. Starting on one side fold over 1” remaining fabric and hot glue to the back of cork. I like to glue the corners over first at a 45 degree angle before the sides; I believe it makes the cleanest looking corners.
- Cut ribbon 2” longer than your board. Lay them out the way you desire.
- Fold ends towards the back and hot glue. You may want to pull out a ruler to be sure you get them all nice and straight.
- Fill with your holiday cards or pictures and enjoy!
One of my favorite DIY’s so far, check out this new DIY Holiday Gift Idea Video to learn how to make this statement piece one of kind necklace.Perfect for a night out, pair it with a plain top and jeans. This fun DIY will have heads turning.
Go to DIY Videos for materials used
Mark your calendar for this Labor Day’s sale. On September 7th, save 15% on all purchase on ribbons. Then save another 15% on all button purchase on September 8th. Don’t forget to save the date. For two days only, save on beautiful and unique selections of ribbons and buttons.
M&J Trimming was featured on NBC’s Today Show yesterday the 26th of March. Contributor to US Weekly, Jill Martin gave some great tips on different ways you can dress up the white collar shirt from your closet.
Besides the “Little black dress” that every woman should have in her closet, there is also the white collar shirt. If you missed the segment and would like to watch, click here.
All of us at M&J Trimming would like to wish everyone a wonderful New Years! Best wishes for 2009 and may the new year bring you lots of happiness, smiles and good fortune.
Besides deciding on the flavor of your cake, most brides and grooms are also concern about the appearance of the cake itself. After all, it’s one of the most important part of your wedding day and your first anniversary. Leave the flavor of the cake to your taste bud because I’m pretty sure you’ll know what you like. As for the adornment of the cake, that’s the important part. Of course you want something memorable and matches the theme of your wedding. This can easily be done by using satin ribbons and Swarovski rhinestones.Just use colors that best matches your theme. For instance, the cake above used 5/8″ and 7/8″ satin ribbon in baby blue and black. The flowers on the cake were also embellished with Swarovski flatbacks. Who would have thought that ribbons and crystals can make a big difference on a cake that leave memories of a lifetime.
You can also use crystal sprays on top of the cake. If you’re really like to customize your cake, you can add a personalized printed ribbon. It can have your names and the wedding date on it. Then embellish it with some rhinestones.