We have a special Mother’s Day Treat for you…
Mother’s Day is dedicated to celebrating moms everywhere. What could be better than showing mom you truly care than creating something especially for her. Take your childhood skills up a notch with this swoon worthy jewelry box DIY. Moms everywhere will be wondering where they can get one.
Jewelry Box (The Container Store)
Magna Tac Glue
20MM Cup Loose Sequin-NAVY
20MM Cup Loose Sequin-PINK
20MM Cup Loose Sequin-SILVER
20MM Cup Loose Sequin- WHITE OPAQUE
Upon opening each of the 20MM Loose Sequin packs, we mixed them together in the top of our jewelry box. We then laid our jewelry box on its side which created an easy work surface. We placed a small amount of Magna Tac glue down quickly placing a 20MM cup loose sequin on top.
As we became more comfortable with the process, we progressed from gluing down one sequin at a time to gluing down many at once. We placed a strip of glue down and placed a row of sequins.
We repeated this process for each side of the jewelry box.
The greatest part about a DIY often comes in the middle of a project. During this time, you may question what can be tweeked or come up with something new. During this time, we noticed our jewelry box was missing something and picked up some of our Double Faced Silk Ribbon in Pink.
We put a small amount of glue on our Double Faced Silk Ribbon and wrapped it around the side of our jewelry box top. This added a bit of elegance and charm any mother would certainly love.
We took the remainder of our Double Faced Silk Ribbon and finished off our jewelry box by creating a bow.
We added a card and our gift is ready to go!
M&J Trimming is so happy, excited & honored to see a full-page feature of M&J Trimming in Martha Stewart Weddings Summer 2011 Issue! Martha Stewart Weddings is the perfect magazine for helping you plan your wedding with great tips in diy, fashion, and decorations we are happy to know that they feel the same way about us. Be sure to pick up a copy in a local store today.
“New York City’s craft mecca, our one-stop shop for the best DIY details” -Martha Stewart Weddings.
Links to Categories in Order Below
Straight Hackle in Coral
Half Ball Button, Mother of Pearl Buttons, Tuxedo Buttons, Fashion Buttons
M&J Bridal Appliqués (Call 212-704.8017 or visit mjbridalsalon.com)
Important Rayon Twist Cord and Mesh Tube Ribbon
Navette Rhinestone w/settings, Oval R.S. W/Setting, Pointed Back R.S. W/Setting, and Set in Rose Montes
Unique Stitch Glue and Magna-Tax
M&J Bridal Salon Flower (Call 212-704.8017 or visit mjbridalsalon.com)
Pins and Needles
Large Fancy Safety Pin, Sewing Needles
Decorating your children’s room can be so fun, makes you feel like a kid again with all the arts and crafts involved. It’s the best part of a room because the creativity is endless and nothing can look to childish. Which is why decided to make this super cool picture frame holder for boys room. Since I’m in love with the 3-d pop-out picture frames i decided to incorporate it into the frame holder for pictures, here’s is what I came up with.
- Step1: Take your empty picture frame and remove the glass.
- Step 2: Measure and cut the felt to fit within the picture frame. Then hot glue it the closing part of the frame.
- Step 3: Measure and cut the pom-pom fringe, you can measure it diagonally or horizontally on the frame before cutting, then t-pin or tape down
- Step 4: Take one end of the felt ribbon and hot glue it to the frame (be sure to glue it under the pom-pom fringe)
- Step 5: Once it is dry, pull the ribbon down in a straight line and hot glue it to the end of the board and cut.
- Step 5: Continue steps four and five with all three ribbons, alternating colors.
- Step 6: Once all the ribbons have been hot glued, hot glue the pom-pom fringe and remove the t-pins or tape.
- Step 7: Hot glue the flower buttons in desired locations around the frame.
- Step 8: Glue the letters to your child’s name above the pom-pom fringe. (I printed out my letters from the computer)
- Step 9: Optional: I cut the pom-poms off the extra trim and glued them on the ribbons.
Dear Blog Readers,
If you haven’t checked out M&J Trimming’s website now’s the time! We have a huge selection of trimmings perfect for your everyday projects and fun DIY’s. We are always updating our website with new trimmings with products imported from all over the world. Click below to check out our new products from M&J Trimming, and sign up for our Emailer to receive weekly updates on new items and discounts from M&J Trimming.
Check out our New Products Page
Sign up for our Weekly Emailer
Happy Monday!, Blerona
Now that Holiday Season is in full swing I am sure that you’ve all got an enormous amount of cards poring in. Running out of room on the mantel? We may have a solution for you; this project is quick and relatively inexpensive. All you will need is; some ribbon, left over fabric, and a hot glue gun, and you’re in business.
- Piece of foam cork, we cut ours down to 24” x 24”
- 1 ½ yard of each ribbon you’d like to use
- Piece of fabric 2” larger than the measurement of your foam cork
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Cut foam cork down to desired size
- Place foam cork over top pressed fabric and center. Starting on one side fold over 1” remaining fabric and hot glue to the back of cork. I like to glue the corners over first at a 45 degree angle before the sides; I believe it makes the cleanest looking corners.
- Cut ribbon 2” longer than your board. Lay them out the way you desire.
- Fold ends towards the back and hot glue. You may want to pull out a ruler to be sure you get them all nice and straight.
- Fill with your holiday cards or pictures and enjoy!
One of my favorite DIY’s so far, check out this new DIY Holiday Gift Idea Video to learn how to make this statement piece one of kind necklace.Perfect for a night out, pair it with a plain top and jeans. This fun DIY will have heads turning.
Go to DIY Videos for materials used
Mark your calendar for this Labor Day’s sale. On September 7th, save 15% on all purchase on ribbons. Then save another 15% on all button purchase on September 8th. Don’t forget to save the date. For two days only, save on beautiful and unique selections of ribbons and buttons.
M&J Trimming was featured on NBC’s Today Show yesterday the 26th of March. Contributor to US Weekly, Jill Martin gave some great tips on different ways you can dress up the white collar shirt from your closet.
Besides the “Little black dress” that every woman should have in her closet, there is also the white collar shirt. If you missed the segment and would like to watch, click here.