We’ve been busy brainstorming gift wrapping ideas for the holidays, and we recently came up with this lovely DIY gift bow. We used some gorgeous velvet ribbon from our store to create this adorable bow, which will probably be gracing all of our gifts this season. Check out our DIY below!
1. Cut three 10-inch strips of ribbon, then three 9-inch strips, then two 8-inch strips, and one 3-inch strip.
2. Take a 10-inch piece, and fold each of the ends into the center to create a figure-8 shape, like seen below. Make sure the velvet side is on the outside. Staple together in the center.
3. Do the same thing for all of the other strips, and staple each of them in the center to hold them together. Turn the 3-inch strip into a loop, then staple it together.
4. Using small dots of glue in the center of each piece, glue the 10-inch pieces on top of each other so they are evenly spaced out. Then glue the 9-inch pieces on top, followed by the 8-inch pieces.
5. Using one last dot of glue, add the loop to the center of the bow, then you’re all set!
Collars have been a huge trend for a while now, so it’s about time that we’ve whipped up a DIY version. We have an incredible selection of lace in our store, so we whipped up a vintage-style lace collar that will look adorable on a summer dress or blouse. Keep reading to find out how to make your own!
1. Cut the lace into 2 pieces, each one about 8 inches long. Make sure you trim the ends so it won’t fray.
2. Using your needle and thread, sew together the top corners of the two pieces of lace. This will be the front of the collar.
3. Cut the white ribbon into two pieces. Fold about 1/2 inch of one ribbon over itself on the end to make it more sturdy, then sew it to one of the top corners at the back of the collar. Do the same with the other ribbon.
4. Now you’re all done! Simply place the collar in front of your neck, then tie the ribbons together in the back to hold in place.
The 4th of July is almost upon us, so of course we’ve been getting ready with some American-themed DIYs! We found some awesome starred and striped ribbon in our store, so we jazzed up a pair of denim shorts and gave them some patriotic spirit. Keep reading to find out how to make it yourself!
1. Lay the starred ribbon over the top of the back pocket of your shorts, then cut it so it perfectly fits across the top of the pocket. Cut another piece of the same size. While the starred ribbon is still placed at the top of the pocket, place the striped ribbon underneath and cut it so it fits across the middle of the pocket. Cut another piece of the same size. Use the same process to create two bottom strips of the starred ribbon.
2. Flip the top piece of the starred ribbon over and add some glue to the back. Place it on the top of the back pocket and press down while glue dries.
3. Continue to glue down the other pieces of ribbon, making sure you have a starred piece at the top, then a striped piece, then another starred piece. Do this for both pockets.
4. Let the glue dry, then you’re all set. Pair your shorts with a flowy white top and a bright red bag, and rock them at 4th of July celebration!
We love DIY blogger tutorials- especially these bold statement necklaces! We managed to cut down our list to our top 5 DIY blogger necklaces that we plan to try. Pick your favorite statement pieces and start DIYing!
1. DIY Gretchen Jones Necklace by Honestly WTF
2. DIY Washer Necklace by Runway DIY
3. DIY Heartbeat Necklace by ISPYDIY
4. DIY Statement Necklace by P.S.- I Made This
5. Chevron Fringe Necklace DIY by The Alison Show
Second day of our week long sales
Looking for velvet ribbons? Then this is the perfect time to start saving; whether you need black, red, blue or yellow velvet ribbons, they are all on sale for 15% off. Buy today, save today. Hurry because this sale ends at 11:59 PM EST.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and I had to make a fun accessory to celebrate the Loving Day! Here are the easy steps, perfect gift for freinds, family and loved ones!
Step1: Put the elastic thread through needle and tie knot. Then start slipping pearls through the needle onto elastic thread. When it fits around your rist, cut off end of the thread that’s attached to the needle.
Step:2 Now tie a double-Knot to connect both ends. And cut extra string off.
Step3: Tie a tulle onto the string of pearls, and start wrapping it about the pearls and elastic thread. Be sure to tie a knot every other time you wrap it around. When you go all the way around, tie a bow with the other end of the tulle.
Now that the holidays are here, there are a lot of parties and family gatherings. The one thing I love to do is create an outfit or change a piece of garment to make it look more festive and make it look more me. Here is a belt I made out of rosettes. I know something like this will definitely get a lot of compliments. With a few easy steps, you can create your own.
- Take the small white rosette flower trim and cut three individual flowers. Take two of the flowers and create an overlapping affect on the side of the big Grey flower.
- Take small black rosette trim and cut two individual flowers. Glue a small black rosette on to the grey flower, glue it about two inches away from the white rosettes.
- Take the other white rosette and glue on top of the black rosette, creating a overlapping affect. Then take the other black rosette and create another overlapping affect by gluing it on top of the white rosette.
- Take the Grey chromspun ribbon and glue it behind the rosettes.
- Then sew the hook and eye on the end of the ribbon.
M&J Trimmings teamed up with Edie and her team to show us how we can dye M&J’s silk ribbon,with RIT Dye, to make various patterns and combinations. She demonstrates how to iron the ribbons into a fabric mosaic panel that can be used to embellish almost anything from handbags to jewelry to gloves and back again. You can also dye your own fabric mosaic and trims to match your mood or event. Its easy and a lot of fun to do.
Check it out!!
We’re excited to announce our Cyber Monday Sale!!
Monday, November 29th 2010 get 15% Off Entire Site Including RHINESTONES!!
Save 15% off your entire order including Swarovski rhinestones on Monday, November 29th 2010. Sale begins at 12am ends at 11:59pm EST. Take advantage of our special sale while supplies last.
Coupon codes are not valid on sale and promotional items.
We’ve been feature in the December issue of Country Living Magazine. They show you how you can take M&J’s velvet and pleated trim to decorate gifts.
16mm Velvet Ribbon Dark Grey,Style# 02416 1
2” Pleated Velvet Ribbon Cardinal, Style # 40495 (1.800.9.mjtrim) 2