M&J Trimmings teamed up with Edie and her team to show us how we can dye M&J’s silk ribbon,with RIT Dye, to make various patterns and combinations. She demonstrates how to iron the ribbons into a fabric mosaic panel that can be used to embellish almost anything from handbags to jewelry to gloves and back again. You can also dye your own fabric mosaic and trims to match your mood or event. Its easy and a lot of fun to do.
Check it out!!
We’re excited to announce our Cyber Monday Sale!!
Monday, November 29th 2010 get 15% Off Entire Site Including RHINESTONES!!
Save 15% off your entire order including Swarovski rhinestones on Monday, November 29th 2010. Sale begins at 12am ends at 11:59pm EST. Take advantage of our special sale while supplies last.
Coupon codes are not valid on sale and promotional items.
We’ve been feature in the December issue of Country Living Magazine. They show you how you can take M&J’s velvet and pleated trim to decorate gifts.
16mm Velvet Ribbon Dark Grey,Style# 02416 1
2” Pleated Velvet Ribbon Cardinal, Style # 40495 (1.800.9.mjtrim) 2
We’ve been featured in the December 2010 issue of InStyle magazine. InStyle magazine shows you how you can use ribbon and flowers to make your gifts more dressy and fun.
Item 1 Fresh Celery Style# 33583, Avocado Style# 02324
Item 2 Big Sky Style# 33583, Antique Blue Style # 00299
Item 3 African Violet Style #42053 (1.800.9.mjtrim), Purple Style# 02315
Item 4 Purple Style # 02315
Bulky and big accessories are completely in. People like looking unique and dressing up their outfits with the craziest accessories. Here is a a chain necklace made out of chain, d-rings and ribbon. With these steps, you can customize your own accessories.
- take the longest chain, 18” gold chain, and slide both ends to the ribbon.
- then take teh 12” matte gold chain, count 14 links, then open the link and lock in the 40mm gold d-ring. Then attach two links on the other side of the d-ring, with the links attach the 25mm antique brass d-ring. Attach one link on the other side. Then take the 20mm Gold d-ring and attach it to the one link. Then count 15 links, attach one side to the 20mm gold d-ring and slide the other end to the ribbon.
- take the 11” Dark Antique chain and slide both ends to the ribbon.
- do the same with the 9” gold chain, slide both ends to the ribbon.
- then make a bow with the ribbon ends.
Do you have plain dress you want to dress up? Well there’s no worries! You can take affordable material to design your own belt and customize your own dress. Whether is to meet a friend at the local coffee shop or a night out in the town, you can’t go wrong with a floral belt. Make it casual, fun, or elegant. Your Choice! Here is a belt made out of double face satin ribbon and our popular rosettes.
* Not everyone is the same size, the amount depends on your waist size.
- Put the ribbon around your waist and mark the place on where you going to put the large rosette. Put a small mark towards your right side of your waist.
- Turn the large rosette over and small amounts of hot glue on the back. Gently press it down on where you made the mark on the ribbon.
- Take the two piece of the ivory rosettes, turn them over and apply small amounts of hot glue in the back. Take one end and glue it next to the large rosette, glue the other end away of the large rosette. There should be a small space between the large black rosette and the small ivory rosettes
- Take the punk rosette, turn it over and apply small amounts of hot glue. Glue it in between the large rosette and the small ivory rosettes.
- Take the Velcro and apply two dots at the end of the ribbon. This makes the belt removable.
Hey everyone… Whats one of the most important accessory we need to go with our outfit?…A pocket book of course…these days, no female walks out without carrying a pocket book with her to carry all of her essentials. Whether if it’s a tote, cross body bag, shoulder bag, or clutch, a female always has one with her. Do you want the stylish pocket book. Well, I created two stylish looks for a plain clutch… You can also purchase a low price clutch or dress up any old clutch or pocket book you have at home.
Take this plain clutch and turn it into something fun!
Beaded Bow Applique Clutch
- Take the 1/4 yd piece of silver ribbon, take one end of the ribbon and turn it over so you can have two pieces of ribbon on each side. It should look like the following image.
- You then glue it down on the clutch, any position you wish.
- Do the same with the 8” black ribbon. Its going to be smaller than the silver ribbon, you then glue on top the silver ribbon.
- You then take the applique and glue it on top of the ribbon.
Flower Brooch Clutch
- First take the 1/4 yd black satin ribbon, take both ends and glue them in the middle of the ribbon (it should look like a bow). Then glue it on to the clutch, an position you desired.
- Do the same with the 8” lemon colored ribbon and glue it on top of the black satin ribbon. So far, it should look like a two layer bow.
- Do the same with the 6” pink ribbon and glue it on top of the lemon color ribbon. It should now look like a three layer bow.
- The flower used on the clutch is a brooch, so it will have the pin in the back, simply just push the brooch in like it was a blouse, then close it. Your will place the flower brooch so one of the petals is covering the middle of the bow. Take your hot glue gun and pour a tiny drop of glue in the middle of the bow and push the flower petal down.
Be sure to check out next week’s DIY Video, where I show you how to make another great spring accessory!
Here’s a sneak peak!
Dear Blog Readers,
If you haven’t checked out M&J Trimming’s website now’s the time! We have a huge selection of trimmings perfect for your everyday projects and fun DIY’s. We are always updating our website with new trimmings with products imported from all over the world. Click below to check out our new products from M&J Trimming, and sign up for our Emailer to receive weekly updates on new items and discounts from M&J Trimming.
Check out our New Products Page
Sign up for our Weekly Emailer
Happy Monday!, Blerona
Here is a way to give your table décor the perfect final touch. Although you can make napkin holders out of just about anything, I would like to share with you some ideas I have created.
Material I used:
These directions are very simple and quick. Start by deciding on which color combination you like, your napkins should be in front of you. Take the ribbon you have chosen and wrap it around your napkin and make sure it shapes it well you will sew the ends of the ribbon together. If you have chosen an appliqués you can attach it buy using hot glue.