The 4th of July is almost upon us, so of course we’ve been getting ready with some American-themed DIYs! We found some awesome starred and striped ribbon in our store, so we jazzed up a pair of denim shorts and gave them some patriotic spirit. Keep reading to find out how to make it yourself!
1. Lay the starred ribbon over the top of the back pocket of your shorts, then cut it so it perfectly fits across the top of the pocket. Cut another piece of the same size. While the starred ribbon is still placed at the top of the pocket, place the striped ribbon underneath and cut it so it fits across the middle of the pocket. Cut another piece of the same size. Use the same process to create two bottom strips of the starred ribbon.
2. Flip the top piece of the starred ribbon over and add some glue to the back. Place it on the top of the back pocket and press down while glue dries.
3. Continue to glue down the other pieces of ribbon, making sure you have a starred piece at the top, then a striped piece, then another starred piece. Do this for both pockets.
4. Let the glue dry, then you’re all set. Pair your shorts with a flowy white top and a bright red bag, and rock them at 4th of July celebration!
We love DIY blogger tutorials- especially these bold statement necklaces! We managed to cut down our list to our top 5 DIY blogger necklaces that we plan to try. Pick your favorite statement pieces and start DIYing!
1. DIY Gretchen Jones Necklace by Honestly WTF
2. DIY Washer Necklace by Runway DIY
3. DIY Heartbeat Necklace by ISPYDIY
4. DIY Statement Necklace by P.S.- I Made This
5. Chevron Fringe Necklace DIY by The Alison Show
Second day of our week long sales
Looking for velvet ribbons? Then this is the perfect time to start saving; whether you need black, red, blue or yellow velvet ribbons, they are all on sale for 15% off. Buy today, save today. Hurry because this sale ends at 11:59 PM EST.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and I had to make a fun accessory to celebrate the Loving Day! Here are the easy steps, perfect gift for freinds, family and loved ones!
Step1: Put the elastic thread through needle and tie knot. Then start slipping pearls through the needle onto elastic thread. When it fits around your rist, cut off end of the thread that’s attached to the needle.
Step:2 Now tie a double-Knot to connect both ends. And cut extra string off.
Step3: Tie a tulle onto the string of pearls, and start wrapping it about the pearls and elastic thread. Be sure to tie a knot every other time you wrap it around. When you go all the way around, tie a bow with the other end of the tulle.
Now that the holidays are here, there are a lot of parties and family gatherings. The one thing I love to do is create an outfit or change a piece of garment to make it look more festive and make it look more me. Here is a belt I made out of rosettes. I know something like this will definitely get a lot of compliments. With a few easy steps, you can create your own.
- Take the small white rosette flower trim and cut three individual flowers. Take two of the flowers and create an overlapping affect on the side of the big Grey flower.
- Take small black rosette trim and cut two individual flowers. Glue a small black rosette on to the grey flower, glue it about two inches away from the white rosettes.
- Take the other white rosette and glue on top of the black rosette, creating a overlapping affect. Then take the other black rosette and create another overlapping affect by gluing it on top of the white rosette.
- Take the Grey chromspun ribbon and glue it behind the rosettes.
- Then sew the hook and eye on the end of the ribbon.
M&J Trimmings teamed up with Edie and her team to show us how we can dye M&J’s silk ribbon,with RIT Dye, to make various patterns and combinations. She demonstrates how to iron the ribbons into a fabric mosaic panel that can be used to embellish almost anything from handbags to jewelry to gloves and back again. You can also dye your own fabric mosaic and trims to match your mood or event. Its easy and a lot of fun to do.
Check it out!!
We’re excited to announce our Cyber Monday Sale!!
Monday, November 29th 2010 get 15% Off Entire Site Including RHINESTONES!!
Save 15% off your entire order including Swarovski rhinestones on Monday, November 29th 2010. Sale begins at 12am ends at 11:59pm EST. Take advantage of our special sale while supplies last.
Coupon codes are not valid on sale and promotional items.
We’ve been feature in the December issue of Country Living Magazine. They show you how you can take M&J’s velvet and pleated trim to decorate gifts.
16mm Velvet Ribbon Dark Grey,Style# 02416 1
2” Pleated Velvet Ribbon Cardinal, Style # 40495 (1.800.9.mjtrim) 2
We’ve been featured in the December 2010 issue of InStyle magazine. InStyle magazine shows you how you can use ribbon and flowers to make your gifts more dressy and fun.
Item 1 Fresh Celery Style# 33583, Avocado Style# 02324
Item 2 Big Sky Style# 33583, Antique Blue Style # 00299
Item 3 African Violet Style #42053 (1.800.9.mjtrim), Purple Style# 02315
Item 4 Purple Style # 02315
Bulky and big accessories are completely in. People like looking unique and dressing up their outfits with the craziest accessories. Here is a a chain necklace made out of chain, d-rings and ribbon. With these steps, you can customize your own accessories.
- take the longest chain, 18” gold chain, and slide both ends to the ribbon.
- then take teh 12” matte gold chain, count 14 links, then open the link and lock in the 40mm gold d-ring. Then attach two links on the other side of the d-ring, with the links attach the 25mm antique brass d-ring. Attach one link on the other side. Then take the 20mm Gold d-ring and attach it to the one link. Then count 15 links, attach one side to the 20mm gold d-ring and slide the other end to the ribbon.
- take the 11” Dark Antique chain and slide both ends to the ribbon.
- do the same with the 9” gold chain, slide both ends to the ribbon.
- then make a bow with the ribbon ends.