Ribbons can be used for many purposes. Due to the many types of ribbons there are many ways they can be used. We’ve dedicated this post to some of our favorite ribbon bracelet tutorials. Inspiration & Realisation uses silk ribbon and charms to create a wrapped charm bracelet. This bracelet is perfect for those summer days when you want to throw on a lightweight piece of jewelry. The chain bracelet has been a staple among the blogger community. The ribbon and chain contrast adds a hard and soft edge to any outfit. Trinkets in Bloom also toughens up her ribbon adding spikes to the often delicate trim. We can’t wait to try out all three DIYs.
Inspiration & Realisation silk ribbon wrap bracelet
Chain Bracelet tutorial via SheExists
Trinkets in Bloom Spike Ribbon Bracelet Tutorial
Check out M&J for a large supply of ribbons and trims.
We combined two of our favorite things (our neon ribbon and our over sized acrylic chain) to create an amazing headpiece that will get you noticed. Our 4 Ways Music Festivals DIY Feature wouldn’t be complete without an ode to the 70′s.
3/8” Imported Chromspun Grosgrain in Neon Green 1 ¼” Large Acrylic Chain in Rust Combo
Cut two small identical pieces of your 3/8” Imported Chromspun Grosgrain in Neon Green
Place your now cut ribbon through the last link of your 1 1/4 inch Large Acrylic Chain.
Double knot your 3/8” Imported Chromspun Grosgrain in Neon Green ribbon leaving an even amount of space on either side.
Repeat these steps for both sides. Once each end of your chain has ribbon on either end, tie both ends together.
Now wear your chain headband with confidence!
Not feeling this look? This easy to create DIY can transition from a headband to a necklace within seconds…Just loosen the ribbon
M&J has an extensive home decor section. We pride ourselves on our selection of rhinestones, fringe, ribbon, cords, cordedge, and tassels. Each of our trims can transform your home from winter to spring. We understand that every detail is keen when adding an element of style and sophistication. Here are five of our top interior decor projects for spring!
A Beautiful Mess
For more DIY home fashion ideas check out some of our previous posts.
After creating our DIY Ribbon Flowers yesterday, we quickly realized how versatile ribbons could be for DIYs. From hair accessories to home decor projects like the ones below, we love the polished look that ribbons add to craft projects. Make sure to check out our Valentine’s Day inspired section on our website for all of the ribbons and other accessories you will need to make this upcoming Valentine’s Day a special one!
DIY Ribbon Hair Bow via Stripes and Sequins
DIY Ribbon Boxes via Design Sponge
DIY Hanging Ribbon Hoop via Oh Happy Day
DIY Ribbon Storage Box via Honestly WTF
DIY Ribbon Chain Bracelet via Trinkets in Bloom
We’ve been busy brainstorming gift wrapping ideas for the holidays, and we recently came up with this lovely DIY gift bow. We used some gorgeous velvet ribbon from our store to create this adorable bow, which will probably be gracing all of our gifts this season. Check out our DIY below!
1. Cut three 10-inch strips of ribbon, then three 9-inch strips, then two 8-inch strips, and one 3-inch strip.
2. Take a 10-inch piece, and fold each of the ends into the center to create a figure-8 shape, like seen below. Make sure the velvet side is on the outside. Staple together in the center.
3. Do the same thing for all of the other strips, and staple each of them in the center to hold them together. Turn the 3-inch strip into a loop, then staple it together.
4. Using small dots of glue in the center of each piece, glue the 10-inch pieces on top of each other so they are evenly spaced out. Then glue the 9-inch pieces on top, followed by the 8-inch pieces.
5. Using one last dot of glue, add the loop to the center of the bow, then you’re all set!
Collars have been a huge trend for a while now, so it’s about time that we’ve whipped up a DIY version. We have an incredible selection of lace in our store, so we whipped up a vintage-style lace collar that will look adorable on a summer dress or blouse. Keep reading to find out how to make your own!
1. Cut the lace into 2 pieces, each one about 8 inches long. Make sure you trim the ends so it won’t fray.
2. Using your needle and thread, sew together the top corners of the two pieces of lace. This will be the front of the collar.
3. Cut the white ribbon into two pieces. Fold about 1/2 inch of one ribbon over itself on the end to make it more sturdy, then sew it to one of the top corners at the back of the collar. Do the same with the other ribbon.
4. Now you’re all done! Simply place the collar in front of your neck, then tie the ribbons together in the back to hold in place.
The 4th of July is almost upon us, so of course we’ve been getting ready with some American-themed DIYs! We found some awesome starred and striped ribbon in our store, so we jazzed up a pair of denim shorts and gave them some patriotic spirit. Keep reading to find out how to make it yourself!
1. Lay the starred ribbon over the top of the back pocket of your shorts, then cut it so it perfectly fits across the top of the pocket. Cut another piece of the same size. While the starred ribbon is still placed at the top of the pocket, place the striped ribbon underneath and cut it so it fits across the middle of the pocket. Cut another piece of the same size. Use the same process to create two bottom strips of the starred ribbon.
2. Flip the top piece of the starred ribbon over and add some glue to the back. Place it on the top of the back pocket and press down while glue dries.
3. Continue to glue down the other pieces of ribbon, making sure you have a starred piece at the top, then a striped piece, then another starred piece. Do this for both pockets.
4. Let the glue dry, then you’re all set. Pair your shorts with a flowy white top and a bright red bag, and rock them at 4th of July celebration!
We love DIY blogger tutorials- especially these bold statement necklaces! We managed to cut down our list to our top 5 DIY blogger necklaces that we plan to try. Pick your favorite statement pieces and start DIYing!
1. DIY Gretchen Jones Necklace by Honestly WTF
2. DIY Washer Necklace by Runway DIY
3. DIY Heartbeat Necklace by ISPYDIY
4. DIY Statement Necklace by P.S.- I Made This
5. Chevron Fringe Necklace DIY by The Alison Show
Second day of our week long sales
Looking for velvet ribbons? Then this is the perfect time to start saving; whether you need black, red, blue or yellow velvet ribbons, they are all on sale for 15% off. Buy today, save today. Hurry because this sale ends at 11:59 PM EST.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and I had to make a fun accessory to celebrate the Loving Day! Here are the easy steps, perfect gift for freinds, family and loved ones!
Step1: Put the elastic thread through needle and tie knot. Then start slipping pearls through the needle onto elastic thread. When it fits around your rist, cut off end of the thread that’s attached to the needle.
Step:2 Now tie a double-Knot to connect both ends. And cut extra string off.
Step3: Tie a tulle onto the string of pearls, and start wrapping it about the pearls and elastic thread. Be sure to tie a knot every other time you wrap it around. When you go all the way around, tie a bow with the other end of the tulle.