After wearing the same coat everyday during this wintery weather, we’ve been looking for cool accessories to change things up! Handbags really make a difference to any outfit. After making our DIY Spiked Shoulder Handbag on Monday, we were completely intrigued to find more options and these are our other favorite DIY handbags!
DIY Striped Leather Handbag via Trinkets in Bloom
DIY Glitter Accent Handbag via Stars for Streetlights
DIY Decoupage Floral Handbag via Honestly WTF
DIY Scarf Handbag via Swellmayde
DIY Neon Handbag via Glitter ‘N Glue
A while back, we shared this incredible studded clutch as our DIY inspiration. We spotted it on the lovely Chiara of The Blonde Salad, and it instantly went on our must-try DIY list. And now we’re proud to say that we’ve finally made it! With a few materials from M&J Trimming, it was easy to transform a simple black wallet into an edgy studded bag with a chain strap. You can use it as a clutch, like Chiara, or you can drape it over your shoulder for an effortless look. Either way, check out our instructions below to make your own!
1. Gather your supplies. You’ll need:
2. Add about 8 studs to the piece of leather trim. You’ll have to push the studs through in the front, then push down the prongs in the back. Make sure you leave about an inch without studs on either end.
3. Measure out where you want your studded strap on the wallet. Flip over the studded piece of leather, and use your glue to attach one of the ends to the clutch. When you glue it, the studded side should be facing down.
4. Once the glue has dried for the first side of the strap, flip it over so the studs are facing up. Fold down the extra inch on the other end, and glue it onto the wallet to create the strap. Hold in place while the glue dries.
5. Use your pliers to open up a link on both ends of the chain.
6. If your wallet has holes on top, you can simply slip the link through and then close it with your pliers. If not, you will need to create a hole on either side with a leather hole punch. Attach the chain on both sides of the wallet to create the strap. Now you’re all done!
We’re really digging this DIY Celine Trio Purse by Candy of Taylor and Demolish. Inspired by the classic Celine bag, this purse is chic, minimalistic, and it looks pretty easy to make! All you need is a needle, thread, scissors, leather trim, and 3 clutches. Head on over to Taylor and Demolish to see the full tutorial.