Prada’s latest jewelry collection was rather inspiring. We loved the use of mixed mediums and statement pieces. We immediately thought we would be able to create a Prada Inspired DIY using supplies from M&J. We are very proud of this very simple DIY and hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
1 1/4″ Large Acrylic Chain in Rust Combo-Style #56300
7/8″ Paillette Floral Trim in Beige Style # 30630
30438001 Matte Gold Clasp
Individually cut out each flower of your Floral Trim.
Lay out your chain and examine where you would like the Flowers to go.
We individually glued each flower onto the Acrylic Chain. Upon adding the glue we pressed down for several seconds.
We continued to glue the flowers down until we felt the necklace was complete.
Our last step involved adding a clasp. We used a belt buckle since the acrylic chain is very thick. We looped both sides of the buckle into the chain creating an easy to use clasp.
We are so pumped to show off our easy to make Prada inspired necklace.
Summer’s almost over but it doesn’t mean we still can’t have fun dressing up! So we’ve decided to make some super cool accessories to wear on your vacation, or your everyday life and the great thing is that these pieces are so unique you can wear each one everyday with the same shirt, or you can mix them up together for that Super Chic look! Enjoy.
Breakfast under an Umbrella Animal Print W/ Metal Buckle
- Step 1: Measure waist size and add 2 inches to the length and cut.
- Step 2: Take one end of the ribbon and insert in through the middle loop of one of the buckles. Insert 1 inch, then sew that end to the ribbon on the other side of the loop.
- Step 3: Follow step 2 for the other end of the ribbon and buckle. Then you’re finished.
Lunch Out by the beach with a Strawberry DaiquiriStudded Jewel Bib Necklace
- Step 1: Iron on each beaded motif as desired. Be sure to let iron sit for 1 minute over cloth or Teflon sheet, then flip fabric over and place iron on top for 2 minutes.
- Step 2: Sew or glue jewels around beaded motifs. Then sew or glue on heart shaped metal sequin around the beaded motifs and jewels.
- Step 3: Cut a around the glued jewels and sequin, be sure to leave about 1cm of suede fabric left around the jewels, the nailheads will go around them.
- Step 4: Place the round nailheads around the cut fabric then iron-on. Let the iron sit on nailheads for about 2mins for a strong hold.
- Step 5: Insert two holes 1 1/2 inches away from the ends and attach the chain. Use desired amount for length.
Dinner, then a Night of DancingStudded Crystal Drop Necklace
- Step 1: Sew or hot glue each end of the crystal trim, so it does not fray.
- Step 2: Place the nail heads ½” away from each other on the crystal trim, and place two nailheads vertically at the ends of the crystal trim.
- Step 3: Now place an iron over the nailheads on the trim and leave for 2minutes on each nailhead. Watch this video for help.
- Step 4: Attach the chain to the end loops on the crystal trim. Use desired length.