We’ve been feature in the December issue of Country Living Magazine. They show you how you can take M&J’s velvet and pleated trim to decorate gifts.
16mm Velvet Ribbon Dark Grey,Style# 02416 1
2” Pleated Velvet Ribbon Cardinal, Style # 40495 (1.800.9.mjtrim) 2
In these times, most brides opt for the Best Man and Maid of Honor to hold the actual rings. The ring bearer is now just a part of the wedding that has simply become tradition. Usually between the ages of 2-5, it can be a nephew, son, cousin, or friend. Why not save a little cash and make one yourself that matches your wedding style. It could be something simple with a little ribbon and button, or a more elaborate one incorporating fine laces and silk ribbons.
- 23″ of 1.5″ side pleated ribbon in ivory 
- 23″ of 3/8″ sheer ribbon with satin edge in ivory (32691)
- 23″ of 1 3/8″ imported metallic lace (27769)
- 7″x14″ of silk taffeta fabric in ivory
- Sewing Machine, straight pins, double sided tape, needle + thread to match the fabric and the lace
- Loose pillow Stuffing
- Cut two 7″x7″ squares out of your fabric
- Lay the side pleated ribbon along one of your squares so that the sheer pleated part is going towards the center and the edging lines up with the edge of your square. Pin down.
- Machine stitch where you have pinned.
- Cut one 7″ piece of sheer ribbon with satin edge and lay across your other square of fabric. Pin and give a quick machine or hand stitch on each edge to hold it in place.
- Cut the rest of your satin edged ribbon in half and line one end of each of the two pieces up with the other sides of that same square of fabric. Give a quick stitch to hold in place. Leave the loose ends loose; they will be used later to tie the rings onto the pillow
- With the same square that you just stitched the ribbon onto, create another square within it about an inch from the edge. You can use double sided tape to temporarily hold the lace down. Hand-stitch the lace using matching thread. You will have to stitch along both edges of the lace so it is smooth to the fabric.
- Lay the two squares of fabric together with the wrong sides facing out. Pin along the edges with your straight pins. Turn the square so that the side with the machine stitching from the pleated ribbon is facing up. Use that seam as a guide and machine stitch the two pieces together, leaving about 2″ unstitched.
- Turn pillow form inside out and stuff little bit by little bit. You don’t want it to be overstuffed because that will create lumps and highlight any imperfections in your stitching.
- Hand stitch the 2″ gap and you’re done!
- Now all you have left to do is wait for him to propose to you.