We think this may have something to do with the promise of spring in the near future, but we can’t get enough of bright and cheery pastels in decor. Get your home ready for the season by adding soft pastel elements to your decor.
An easy way to add pastels to your decor is with a piece of art. It can also give you a go-to color palette.
A pastel bathroom is a bright and cheery alternative to cool and clean tones usually reserved for bathrooms.
Adding natural elements to your space keeps a pink room from looking too romantic.
Add a few metallic accents to the room to keep it from looking washed out.
Play with repeating patterns and shapes for a fun, graphic look!
We’re back with another original DIY – and this time we’re all about the pastel trend! Using only 3 materials, (all from M&J Trimming) we created this lovely striped beaded headband. See the instructions below to make your own!
- 2 packages each of 2 different colors of seed beads
- 1 plastic headband
- craft glue
- 2 wide, shallow bowls
1. Create the middle strip first, drawing a line of glue down the middle of the headband. You may want to draw the line in pencil first to make it easier.
2. Pour the first color of the beads into a wide, shallow bowl or saucer. Dip all sides of the headband in the bowl until beads are covering all of the glue. Let the middle stripe dry.
3. Once dry, add another line of glue to create one of the outside stripes.
4. Pour the second color of the beads into the second bowl. Repeat the process that you used to make the first stripe, dipping the glue stripe in the bowl. If you prefer, you could also sprinkle the beads onto the headband.
5. Continue to add beads on both sides of the middle stripe, until the whole headband is covered.
6. Let dry for an hour and then you’re all done!