As we get more into fall, we’re all about the “back to school” style that has us rocking our preppy basics. And the best preppy shoe is the oxford, of course! We want a cute way to update our oxfords this year, so we found the best DIY oxford tutorials to inspire us. Which one would you make?
DIY Metallic Oxfords by I Spy DIY
DIY Neon Oxfords by You Like It? I Made It
DIY Studded Oxfords by Runway DIY
DIY Color Block Oxfords by Minkette
DIY Color Block Oxfords by Syl and Sam
It’s time we started thinking about fall fashion, and nothing says “back to school” like a preppy pair of oxfords. Naturally, we had to add some DIY magic to a plain pair of oxfords to spice them up a little. So we took two of our favorite trends – lace and neon – and created this sweet neon-studded lace oxfords. Follow the instructions below and let us know what you think in the comments!
1. Remove the laces from your oxfords. You’re going to glue the lace on the shoe in sections, so cut a piece of lace that will roughly cover one section of the shoe. Follow the basic oxford outlines to create the sections. Liberally apply Unique Stitch glue to the first section, then place your lace on top.
2. Use your scissors to trim the lace into the desired shape. It should follow the basic lines of the shoe – this is the easiest way to create each section.
3. Continue to cover the shoe with sections of lace until the entire shoe is covered. Let dry.
4. Pull your neon cord through the holes to create laces.
5. Begin adding your neon studs wherever desired. Simply place a drop of E6000 glue on the shoe, then place the stud on top. Continue to do this for each stud. We chose to follow the natural lines of the shoe, but you could put your studs anywhere you like.
6. Finish studding the shoe – then you’re all done! Let it dry and you’re ready to show off your new kicks.