How adorable is this DIY necklace by Grace of Stripes and Sequins and Alicia of Cheetah Is The New Black? It combines all of our favorite elements: neon, rhinestones, and flowers. We can’t get enough! Pop over to Stripes and Sequins to see the full tutorial.
With such an abundance of rhinestone trims and accents in our store, it’s about time we found some rhinestone DIY inspiration. Paint neon nail polish on rhinestone trim for a trendy necklace, or attach a strand of rhinestones to your heels for a chic anklet. And of course you can never go wrong with a rhinestone collar. We can’t wait to DIY some of these!
images via Cats & Rocking Chairs / Karla’s Closet / Tumblr / Dannijo / Tumblr
How cool is this DIY necklace by Christine of Court + Hudson? This is by far one of the best DIYs we’ve seen in a while – and it’s made from M&J Trimming products! Head on over to Court + Hudson to see the full tutorial.
We have an abundance of tassels in our store, and we’ve been trying to brainstorm all of their DIY possibilities. We searched through our favorite DIY blogs to find the best tassel DIYs, and we’re so impressed with what we’ve found. Necklaces, curtains, belts – you can make so many things with just a few tassels! See our 5 favorite tassel DIYs below.
DIY Ombre Tassel Necklace by Oh The Lovely Things
DIY Tassel Belt by Honestly WTF
DIY Tassel Trimmed Curtains by Love Maegan
DIY Tassel Earrings by A Pair & A Spare
DIY Tassel Shirt by P.S. I Made This
We’re totally obsessing over this DIY Chevron and Chain necklace by Grace of Stripes and Sequins. Wouldn’t the red, white, and blue version be perfect for the 4th of July? Head over to Stripes and Sequins to see the full tutorial.
If anyone remembers our fringe inspiration post from last week, you’ll know that we were obsessing over this neon fringe necklace that we saw on Chiara of The Blonde Salad. We decided to make our own edgier version with some studs and fringe from M&J Trimming. Follow along below to make it yourself!
1. Cut the neon fringe in half, so you have two 9 inch pieces of fringe. Spread a thin line of glue across the top of one of the pieces, then place the other piece directly on top and press them together. (This is so the fringe will be thicker and sturdier.) Do the same thing with the black fringe.
2. Draw a line of glue across the top of the black fringe. Place the neon fringe directly on top and press down. Let the glue dry.
3. Using your pliers, open a link on one end of the chain. Hook it through one of the loops in the top of the fringe and then close the link with the pliers. Do the same on the other side of the fringe. Make sure the chain is long enough to slip over your head.
4. Unscrew the studs and remove the screws, so you only have the flat studs. Space them evenly along the top of the fringe, then glue them down individually. Let them dry and you’re all set!
We spotted this DIY Tory Burch inspired necklace over on The Glitter Guide and instantly fell in love. Created by the talented Grace of Stripes and Sequins, this chunky necklace is the perfect way to jazz up a simple outfit. And we love that she used supplies from M&J Trimming. Stop by The Glitter Guide to see the full tutorial!
All The Good Girls Go To Heaven is one of our latest DIY blog discoveries. Ren always creates incredibly on-trend DIYs that mirror some of our favorite designer pieces, like her DIY Dannijo bracelet. We would seriously wear everything that she’s made – see more of her great tutorials on All The Good Girls Go To Heaven!
DIY Dannijo Friendship Bracelet
DIY Pyramid Stud Choker
- Craft wire (I used 24 gauge)
- Embroidery thread, one skein
- Round nosed jewelry pliers
- Chain (length is up to you)
- Clear nail polish (you’ll use this in more than one way!)
- Jump rings and jewelry clasp (optional)
- Charm or tassel (optional, not shown)
- Ruler (not shown)
To follow all the steps visit Studs And Pearls blog to recreate Kirsten’s necklace.
Meet our most recent DIY guru, blogger Aimee of SwellMayde.
Having interned for Rodarte and Nike, Aimee is now a designer working in Los Angeles while still finding time to update her blog with creative and inspiring DIY projects for us to recreate. Her most recent post features the JewelMint Renegade Necklace.
Aimee added a gorgeous twist to the simple necklace by adding yarn and pearls, which can purchase directly from us. Head over to SwellMayde to see the 9 easy steps to create this statement piece yourself!