The New Years Celebration is this week, so let the festivities begin! Of course when you go out, you need to look your best. If you want to stand out, make your own layered necklace made out of M&J’s chains and rhinestone buttons.
- 2 yards of Swarvoski Crystal Chain, Style# 44700 (1.800.9.mjtrim) (Limited Edition)
- 1 yard of 15mm Silver Chain, Style# 44522 (1.800.9.mjtrim)
- 28” of 6mm Pearl Rosary Chain, Style# 44522 (1.800.9.mjtrim)
- 1 70L/44mm Crystal Rhinestone Button, Style # 37501 (1.800.9.mjtrim)
- 1 48L/30mm Crystal Rhinestone Button, Style# 37501 (1.800.9.mjtrim)
- 1 40L/25mm Crystal Rhinestone Button, Style# 37501 (1.800.9.mjtrim)
- Connect the links to the Swarvoski Chain together. Twist and make two layers of it.
- Take the pearl chain and link the chain together. It should fall in between the Swarvoski chain.
- Take the silver chain, that one is going to be the longest and should fall last, buy jump rings and clasps to attach the back.
- Use wire to wired the buttons on to the chain.
Now that the holidays are here, there are a lot of parties and family gatherings. The one thing I love to do is create an outfit or change a piece of garment to make it look more festive and make it look more me. Here is a belt I made out of rosettes. I know something like this will definitely get a lot of compliments. With a few easy steps, you can create your own.
- Take the small white rosette flower trim and cut three individual flowers. Take two of the flowers and create an overlapping affect on the side of the big Grey flower.
- Take small black rosette trim and cut two individual flowers. Glue a small black rosette on to the grey flower, glue it about two inches away from the white rosettes.
- Take the other white rosette and glue on top of the black rosette, creating a overlapping affect. Then take the other black rosette and create another overlapping affect by gluing it on top of the white rosette.
- Take the Grey chromspun ribbon and glue it behind the rosettes.
- Then sew the hook and eye on the end of the ribbon.
My favorite part of the year is finally here. The holidays to me means fun gatherings, fun decorations and great presents. I love decorating for the holidays. You can either shop for new decorations or, what I love to do, make my own. Here is a decoration you can wrap your Christmas tree or around you house, it made of paillettes.
- Take Needle and thread. Take a paillette and put needle through it. Once the paillette is through, tie a knot. You do this with every paillette, 1 inch apart from eachother.
- Make it as long as you want, when your a done, tie a knot at the end.
We’ve been featured in Martha Stewart’s Living Magazine December issue. They use M&J’s pom pom trim to show us different ways to decorate a Christmas gift.
Number 54 on page
3/8” Pom Pom Fringe, white Style# 31664
M&J Trimmings teamed up with Edie and her team to show us how we can dye M&J’s silk ribbon,with RIT Dye, to make various patterns and combinations. She demonstrates how to iron the ribbons into a fabric mosaic panel that can be used to embellish almost anything from handbags to jewelry to gloves and back again. You can also dye your own fabric mosaic and trims to match your mood or event. Its easy and a lot of fun to do.
Check it out!!
We’ve been featured on Life & Style Weekly magazine! Instead of buying a whole knew wardrobe, Life & Style Weekly magazine shows us 8 Low-Cost ways to Update Your Wardrobe, one way it by using M & J metal buttons.
Buttons on magazine:
It’s Lady Gaga meets Gossip Girl!
Bow headpieces are a big hit this year. And we’ve seen many different variations of it on Lady Gaga, and Gossip Girl. We’ve seen striped bows, hair made bows, lace bows, oversized bows to small bows, but so far I haven’t seen any sequin bows headbands. So I decided to make one, these totally chic bows take 5 minutes to make and look great on a hair clip or a headband. And did I mention there perfect for the Spring and Summer!
Stretchable Sequin Bow Tie
- Step one- Fold the cut Stretch Sequin in half and sew each ends together.
- Step two- With the sewn sequin facing vertically in the middle, pinch the center and sew the sequins in place.
- Step three- With the center sewn, take your needle and thread put the needle thru the middle of the sewn center horizontally, pull from the back of the bow then repeat. (This will create the back of the center bow and front to stick together.)
- Step four- Hot glue to a headband or hairclip
Tips* Add a funky button, ribbon or chain around the center for a more finished look. I prefer a plain headband with a little bit of glam, but dress it up to fit your own personal style.
Win $25 or $100 to spend on MJTRIM.com
Starting March 31, 2010, M&J Trimming will be playing five exciting games of “I Spy” on our Facebook Fan page. Here is the details and how you can play.
On M&J Trimming’s Facebook Fan page, we will give you clues as to which item we are spying on www.MJTRIM.com. The first fan to get the correct item number will win M&J dollars to spend online. There will be a total of five games.
The first four games will give clues to one item number and whoever gets the correct answer first will win $25 to spend on www.MJTRIM.com
On the fifth game, we will give clues to three different item numbers and whoever gets all three item numbers correct first will win $100 to spend on www.MJTRIM.com
Here is how you can play.
Become a fan of M&J Trimming.
Look for the most recent clue.
From the clue that you got from our Facebook page, search and guess which merchandise and item number we are spying online.
Once you think you might know which item number it might be, write the item number in the comment box of the clue we gave. (Note: Remember that you have to write the item number or style number not just the description of the item to qualify)
The first person to get it right wins the prize!
When the first person who gets the correct answer to the clue, we will announce the winner on our Facebook Fan page.
Be sure to spread the word and share this fun game with your friends and family.
If you are a winner of the game, you will recieve a friends request from M&J Trimming. Please accept and we will message you your prize. Congratulation!