Dear Blog Readers,
If you haven’t checked out M&J Trimming’s website now’s the time! We have a huge selection of trimmings perfect for your everyday projects and fun DIY’s. We are always updating our website with new trimmings with products imported from all over the world. Click below to check out our new products from M&J Trimming, and sign up for our Emailer to receive weekly updates on new items and discounts from M&J Trimming.
Check out our New Products Page
Sign up for our Weekly Emailer
Happy Monday!, Blerona
It is that time of the year when most retailers are evaluating how much their Swarovski Rhinestone price should increase by because this is typically the time when Swarovski also increases their prices to vendors. However, this year, M&J Trimming is taking the other route. For a limited time we invite you to take advantage of our Swarovski Rhinestone price reduction. The special reduction is on both small and large packs. Both flatback rhinestones and hotfix rhinestone prices have been reduced. We do encourage you to take advantage of this exciting news because it only tempoary. Customers on our e-mail list will be informed prior to the expiration date.
If you are not already on our e-mail list, please sign-up to be informed on the expiration date along with future promotions.
Here is a way to give your table décor the perfect final touch. Although you can make napkin holders out of just about anything, I would like to share with you some ideas I have created.
Material I used:
These directions are very simple and quick. Start by deciding on which color combination you like, your napkins should be in front of you. Take the ribbon you have chosen and wrap it around your napkin and make sure it shapes it well you will sew the ends of the ribbon together. If you have chosen an appliqués you can attach it buy using hot glue.
In an interview with WWD Magazine, Lady Gaga said she shops at M&J Trimming where she gets her inspiration for some of her funky and over the top pieces. The performer who describes her look as “filthy, unacceptable,” has now inspired M&J Trimming.
After her change of wild outfits and performance at the MTV Music Video Awards, Lady Gaga set the standard for every pop music artist. And if you weren’t a fan of Lady Gaga then, and still not, then you haven’t seen her latest video “Bad Romance”.
The concept of the video is a fashion installation of a Russian Bath-house. Lady Gaga wears these crazy and exciting costumes; including, shoes from designer Alexander McQueen which are worn throughout the video. When I watched the video for the first time I fell in love completely. The scene of her in the crystal top and headpiece was simply amazing and was my inspiration for this crystal bracelet.
- Trace the appliqué onto a piece of fabric. Then cut out traced fabric.
- Now cut rhinestone trim into five pieces.
- Cut two pieces into 1inch
- 3 pieces into 1/2 inch
- Glue the 1 inch pieces on opposite sides of each other
- Glue two smaller strands on opposite sides below the longer strands
- Glue the remaining strained at the bottom of the appliqué.
- Now take the cut fabric and glue it on evenly and neatly on the back of the beaded appliqué over the rhinestone trim.
- Now cut the dress trim w/ prong
- The buckle should be 2 inches long
- The other side should be 2.5 inches
- Glue the two pieces to the back of the appliqué, one on each side
- Now take the two strands at the bottom of the applique and cut each strand to 1 inch(or the size of your middle finger) then glue together
Have you taken advantage of our Free Shipping promotion? For the entire month of December, when you spend $25 or more, you will get Free UPS Ground Shipping. Spend more time shopping and less time worrying about shipping. Spend $25 or more and we’ll take care of the rest. Hurry, there’s only a few days left until the promotion ends. Be sure to use the coupon code: shippingdec09. Happy Holiday!
It’s Finally Here,
Check out our new DIY Holiday Gift Idea Video for your gift inspiration. Last week Carlos and I showed you have to apply an iron-on appliqué. This week I show you how to make this fun and simple chain bracelet. A great gift for anyone who loves fashion.
Click here for material
Happy Holiday, Blerona =o)
No more plain tops for your holiday fun, this season it’s all about dressing up, and standing out. Here are some fun pieces perfect for any occasion, the hottest holiday looks start with silk, sequins, and all-out statement pieces.
Gold and black are the new colors of the season, lots and lots of chains to tie you up for a fun night of kisses under the misltoe and dancing competitions. Shimmering colors and sequin dresses that will make you the center of attention. Let’s face it when you look great, you feel great! Here some of my favorite looks and pieces for the holidays.
2009 Holiday Style Guide
Attention Holiday Shoppers! On December 8th & 9th, when you spend $100 or more at www.MJTRIM.com, you will receive a $25 gift coupon code to redeem on your next purchase.
How to receive your $25 gift coupon:
- Log into your account, if you don’t have one, please create one.
- Browse through the website and add the items you’d like into the shopping cart.
- When you’re ready and your shopping cart has reached $100 or more, check out as normal.
- Within 1-2 business days you will receive an e-mail from a M&J Trimming representative with your coupon code, worth $25.
- To qaulify for this promotion, your order must be made on either December 8th or December 9th, 2009 only.
Terms and Conditions:
- The gift coupon from M&J Trimming, worth $25 is valid and redeemable at www.MJTRIM.com only. It is not valid in the New York City retail store.
- The gift coupon is valid on your next online purchase only.
- In order to redeem your $25 gift coupon on you next purchase, the order must have a minimum of $25 in your checkout cart.
- The coupon is not valid with any other sales, promotions, coupons or special offers.
- No cash value.
- Valid only to the specific individual it is assigned to.
- Unauthorized distribution or duplication is not accepted.
M&J Trimming was featured in the Martha Stewart show today along with Matha’s in-house crafter, Hosanna Houser. Hosanna and Martha teaches us how to make fashion bib necklaces using M&J’s glass sew-on jewels and Italian faceted jewels. Click here to learn how to make the necklace.
Tis the season to entertain, Christmas parties have already begun and people are starting to plan their New Years Eve. If you are among those who will be hosting than these next series of blogs are just for you. Each week I am going to give some quick and easy DIY projects useful for your holiday parties. This week I decided to create some cute wine charms using nothing more than simple hoop earrings, which can be purchased at most craft or jewelry findings stores, and rhinestone buttons. Our collection of rhinestone buttons is quite extensive, so no matter how large or private your shindig each one of your guests can have their own unique charm. Don’t be caught asking “Which glass is mine?” this season.
Have a happy DIY and a safe holiday season!