Did you know M&J has a Bridal Salon?
M&J Bridal Salon is having a Bride’s Night Out Event on April 24th 2013
Brides Night Out Wedding Event Hosted By M&J Bridal Salon & M&J Trimming
Brides Night Out brings together New York’s most creative and stylish wedding professionals from all facets of the industry. Some of our elite exhibitors include Hair & Makeup Jill Hammelman, Crate & Barrel, Blanc Noir Event Group LLC, K.I.M. Media LLC, Alpine Creative Group, Cocktail Caterers, The Booth, Macy’s Bridal Salon by Demetrios , Sugar Flower Cake Shop, and More.
Join us and enjoy an incredible evening of drinks, music, desserts, complimentary hair & makeup trials, and endless wedding inspiration.
April 24, 2013 – 6-9pm
1008 Sixth Avenue, New York, NY 10018
Each ticket purchased can be used at M&J Bridal Salon as $25 Credit towards your M&J Bridal Salon purchase.
Sponsored by: American Foliage & design Group / Levy Lighting: Lights / GreenRoom / DrapeKings / Cloth Connection
Visit Our Website for More Information: www.mjbridalsalon.com
Last week we had our M&J Bridal Salon Press Event inside of M&J Trimming and it was such a blast. With guests from the The Knot, Bridal Guide Magazine, Inside Weddings and some of our favorite bloggers we knew we would have to put in a lot of work to make the night perfect. We worked with James Abel Events to completely transform the back of the store and we were very lucky and thankful to have Alpine Creative Group, Sugar Flower Cake Shop, Izze Sparkling Juice, Jenny Yoo Collections, Johnny Gonzalez, Maison Prive and Fantasia Studios sponsor the event. Read more about the event here!
One part of the event that we were all very excited about was the Photo Booth! We got a custom made backdrop, used M&J Bridal Salon headpieces and hats and of course made some of our own props with M&J Trimming.
Hard Stock Paper (Any craft/paper store)
Wooden Sticks ( Any craft/paper store)
Scissors, Pencil ( to trace)
Hot Glue Gun
Fur, Plaid Ribbon, and Rhinestones
Mustashe Steps: Search the internet for paper mustaches(theres a lot) and print out the photos that you like. Then cut out the mustaches and trace them onto the black paper. Cut out those mustaches, embellish them and hot glue them on to the sticks.
3″ Genuine Fox On Tape Style# 28624 in Snowtop, Ss16 Flatback Rhinestones Item#03016
From Left to Right: Plaid Ribbon in Navy/Peach/Multi Item# 18382, 25mm Gingham Ribbon Style# 38812 in Lilac/White, 2″ Plaid Ribbon Style# 11219 in Grey Combo (to order (1.800.9MJTRIM)
Last Step! Make sure you have fun using them at the photo booth!
Fashionable new bridal headbands, M&J Bridal Salon. These statement headbands are so easy to wear and looks fabulous, a bride can wear this type of headpiece with so many different hairstyles. At M&J Bridal Salon we carry selections from the top designers including Henderson Swar0vski crystal swirl side headband, view the head pieces here
We love seeing personal touches in a wedding, especially when it’s something our brides and grooms make themselves. M&J Bridal decided to be apart of that, we put together a beautiful invitation template for your personal use and we added the finishing touches to it. Check out the DIY steps and download the templete here…
Finding your perfect shoe for your perfect wedding dress can be somewhat difficult. Your either have to have that special luck at finding the perfect shoes for the half the price of what there worth or you have to spend a fortune. So what better way to get those shoes than to do an easy DIY, by making your own shoe with Swarovski buttons. You can take a plain shoe and make it pop out. Here are some inspirations. We’ve bought a pair of inexpensive white shoes and dressed them up with beautiful Swarovski buttons.
- Semi-Flush Cutter, Style # 44059 (1.800.9.mjtrim)
- First use the flush cutter to cut the shanks of the buttons
- apply hot glue on the shoe and a little on the button and stick it on the shoe.
- wait for it to dry, move the button to see if its glued on there good.
We are excited to announce that we’ve just launched out new M&J Bridal Salon Website. On the new website you can view our 2010 look book, some of our newest headpieces in the store, take a look at some of our Real-brides that wore M&J Headpieces to their wedding, and our contact information
Take A look
M&J Bridal Salon Accessories- Necklace Style#44880 & Large Cage Veil Style#42929
There are so many great reasons for DIY projects, to save money, to create something you can’t find, to re-use something you don’t use, but most importantly to show your creativity and personality. And here’s something that works great anywhere and I mean anywhere. For a wedding or everyday use, this fabric brooch looks great in the hair, accessory, clothing and even your wedding dress.
M&J Bridal Salon Accessory Necklace Style# 44880
- The length of each material depends on how you want to design your flower brooch. For this particular project. Here is what I did.
- I took a 4” long pleated taffeta and folded ½” on both sides and used the glue gun to attach it to the felt. Make sure you don’t lay it down too straight or it’ll end up looking a little awkward. Slight bend both sides a little and glue it down. Be careful, the glue gun is extremely hot.
- Next I took about 2” of a double row rhinestone trim and glued it on top of the pleated ribbon to cover the ribbons stitches that it came with.
- Next is making the flower.
- For the larger flower, I used about 3/4 of a yard of Midori Dupinoi ribbon. On one end, tie a loose knot. Make it as flat as possible.
- Next lay the ribbon down on a table and with two finger, hold down the knot.
- With the other hand, start flipping the ribbon over one small section at a time. The ribbons should over lap each other as you also turn the ribbon on the table to form a flower. You can make the flower as tight or loose as you would like, but just remember to hold it down so it stays in shape.
4. When you’re complete with the flower, tuck the end down underneath the flower and carefully pick up the flower to glue it down onto the felt. Glue it close to the rhinestone trim.
- Repeat steps a-d for the other two flowers
- When you’re done gluing the entire flower down, glue the loose pearls onto the center of the flower.
- Also glue pieces of the rhinestones along areas where you can visibly see the felt.
- Next, take the scissors and carefully trim the brooch. Be careful not to get too close to the flower and not to trim too far.
- Lastly, glue the accessory clip onto the back of the felt. With this clip, you can add it onto your hair, clothing or anywhere you like.
Accessories are from our M&J Bridal Salon
Call 1-800-9MJTRIM to Purchase.
Necklace Style# 44880
Large Cage Veil Style#42929