As huge fans of Lady Gaga not only of her music but her over-the-top couture ensembles, we were so excited to know that she shopped at M&J Trimming herself when she created her own costumes. You could imagine our surprise and excitement when she mentioned it in her latest music video “Marry the Night”, we just couldn’t believe it.
And if you don’t believe it either be sure to watch the video, and forward it to 7:12 ! Then go back and watch the whole thing because she’s so awesome!!
By Blerona & Julissa
Halloween, a day where you’re anything or anyone you want be! A day where you can let your inner self shine and a day to enjoy a lot of candy without feeling guilty. But before the 31st it’s all about creating your costume. And DIY’s are the best ones of course, and since we’re all goo goo for Gaga we made some inspired masks by the one and only Lady Gaga. Happy DIY’s
Mask 1: Maison Michels Inspired Bunny EarsMask 1: Maison Michels Inspired Bunny Ears
- Step 1- Shape out your bunny ears and twist the ends (you will use this end to loop it around the headband for a strong hold)
- Step 2- Take a piece of your lace (make sure it’s wider and longer than your bunny ears) now sew and the lace to the wire, be sure to go slow and keep the shape of the bunny ears. Then do the other ear.
- Step 3- Cut out around the ears, snipping off the extra lace. Then take the twisted ends of the ears and loop it around the headband.
- Step 4- Take the scraps of the lace and wrap it around the headband and glue the ends for a finishing touch.
- Step 5-Take the rigid lace and measure it to fit on the upper half of your face, then cut it and glue just the top of the ends to the headband and your finished with the top half of your costume.
- Step 1: Take the 4.5 inches of the chain and glue is in the middle of the mask, glue it so it’s going across.
- Step 2: Cut the plastic square trim in large pieces, glue them where you desire.
- Step 3: When you glue the large pieces of the square trim, there will be smaller empty spaces in which you will need to glue trim on, take small pieces of the trim and glue them (not around the eyes)
- Step 4: When done gluing the pieces trim, take the rhinestones glue them around the eyes, glue black diamond on one side and jet hematite on the other.
It’s Lady Gaga meets Gossip Girl!
Bow headpieces are a big hit this year. And we’ve seen many different variations of it on Lady Gaga, and Gossip Girl. We’ve seen striped bows, hair made bows, lace bows, oversized bows to small bows, but so far I haven’t seen any sequin bows headbands. So I decided to make one, these totally chic bows take 5 minutes to make and look great on a hair clip or a headband. And did I mention there perfect for the Spring and Summer!
Stretchable Sequin Bow Tie
- Step one- Fold the cut Stretch Sequin in half and sew each ends together.
- Step two- With the sewn sequin facing vertically in the middle, pinch the center and sew the sequins in place.
- Step three- With the center sewn, take your needle and thread put the needle thru the middle of the sewn center horizontally, pull from the back of the bow then repeat. (This will create the back of the center bow and front to stick together.)
- Step four- Hot glue to a headband or hairclip
Tips* Add a funky button, ribbon or chain around the center for a more finished look. I prefer a plain headband with a little bit of glam, but dress it up to fit your own personal style.
Shoulder Accessories are the new thing this year. They’ve been spotted all over magazines, even on some celebs like Brandon Flowers from The Killers and Natalie Portman and our favorite Beyonce in Lady Gaga’s Telephone music video. These new trend accessories can be worn atop of peacoats, blazers, shirts, even on with a strapless dress for a fun, dramatic and lively look.
DIY Shoulder accessory
Step1: Sew beaded appliqué the front of the top corner of feather patch.
Step2: Cut half a yard of the chain and leave to the side
Step3: Loop the remaining 2yards of chain twice. Sew the chain to the back upper corner of the feather patch
Step4: Take the half yard of the remaining chain and cut it into 5 or 4 small pieces. Sew each small chain to the back of the Beaded Appliqué next to the goldish rustic chains.
Step5: Outline the back feather patch (the fabric holding the feathers together) onto scrap fabric, then cut.
Step6: Hot glue cut out fabric to the back of the feather patch, for a finishing touch.
There were many nominees and winners for the 2010 Grammy’s. But before the show, who did you vote for as best dressed on the red carpet? Who won in these Categories; here were some of the favorites on the red carpet.
(Click on Image to Enlarge)
Best minis:(From Left to Right: Heidi Klum in Emilio Pucci, Fergie in Emilion Pucci, Lea Michele in Romana Kevez, Miley Cyrus in Herve Leger)
Best Gowns (From Left to Right: Beyonce Knowles in Stephane Rolland, Carrie Underwood in Edition by Georges Chakra, Nicole Kidman in Prada, Taylor Swift in Kaufman Franco)
Best Orginal and Most Glamorous(From Left to Right: Lady Gaga Giorgio Armani Privé, Jennifer Lopez Versace)
Leather and nailheads are all the rage this season, and I don’t think there going anywhere next season either. Join the fun by making your own leather studded bracelet, its just three easy steps to becoming part of a massive fashion trend.
I had some braided leather cord, and left over nailheads lying around, thinking of something to make I decided on a bracelet. It’s simple and easy and a great way to get creative with leftover trimmings. I hope you enjoy this DIY.
Step 1: Cut the Vinyl Braid to 26inches
Step 2: Take one of the two pieces from the closure and sew one end of the braid to it. Then sew the other end of the braid to the other closure (Make sure you place the braid on top of the closure when sewing)
Step 3: Take the one SS30 nailhead and push the prongs through the braid and leather closure, (push the prongs inward to aviod stratching when wearing) now the other closure. Finally place SS20 nailheads on sections of the braid. (I used 14 but you can put as many as you like)
In an interview with WWD Magazine, Lady Gaga said she shops at M&J Trimming where she gets her inspiration for some of her funky and over the top pieces. The performer who describes her look as “filthy, unacceptable,” has now inspired M&J Trimming.
After her change of wild outfits and performance at the MTV Music Video Awards, Lady Gaga set the standard for every pop music artist. And if you weren’t a fan of Lady Gaga then, and still not, then you haven’t seen her latest video “Bad Romance”.
The concept of the video is a fashion installation of a Russian Bath-house. Lady Gaga wears these crazy and exciting costumes; including, shoes from designer Alexander McQueen which are worn throughout the video. When I watched the video for the first time I fell in love completely. The scene of her in the crystal top and headpiece was simply amazing and was my inspiration for this crystal bracelet.
- Trace the appliqué onto a piece of fabric. Then cut out traced fabric.
- Now cut rhinestone trim into five pieces.
- Cut two pieces into 1inch
- 3 pieces into 1/2 inch
- Glue the 1 inch pieces on opposite sides of each other
- Glue two smaller strands on opposite sides below the longer strands
- Glue the remaining strained at the bottom of the appliqué.
- Now take the cut fabric and glue it on evenly and neatly on the back of the beaded appliqué over the rhinestone trim.
- Now cut the dress trim w/ prong
- The buckle should be 2 inches long
- The other side should be 2.5 inches
- Glue the two pieces to the back of the appliqué, one on each side
- Now take the two strands at the bottom of the applique and cut each strand to 1 inch(or the size of your middle finger) then glue together