Emerald has been ruling the runways therefore it is only necessary to incorporate the “it color” into our lifestyles. Many bloggers have been creating emerald infused pieces and we’ve rounded up 5 that we particularly love. The following D.I.Y’s will make everyone around you green with envy.
Click on the images for the tutorials on each piece.
VJuliet Emerald Bib Necklace
Bliss-athome Emerald Decorative Storage Box
Glitter_N_Glue Emerald Green Button Ring
HonestlyWTF Emerald Woven Charm Bracelet
Kittenhood Featuring Vixy Blue’s Emerald Heart Brooch
A big thanks to VJuliet, Bliss-athome, Glitter_N_Glue, HonestlyWTF and Kittenhood for the inspiration.
Winter in NYC is not over so we’ve been looking for creative ways to add style to our wardrobe while still wearing the same coats, hats, scarves and gloves. Not only are statement necklaces a great way to do this but so are jeweled winter accessories! The girls over at Honestly WTF created a beautiful DIY jeweled beanie using our sew on and flatback rhinestones. It’s cool, chic, and unique so make sure to check out their tutorial in order to make your own!
We have always been inspired by jewels, gems, and rhinestones but when we see them on winter accessories, our love for embellishments grows even more.
How cool are these headpieces from the latest issue of Vision China? We’re especially loving the bejeweled cap – we would love to remake it with some sew-on jewels!
Everyone always sees the adorable little girl throwing petals on the floor. Brides also need to worry about what to put on their flower girls. You can create your own head band for your flower girl using ribbon and crystals with these easy steps.
- 1/2 yd of 2 1/4 Poly Satin Ribbon, Ivory Style# 00318 (1.800.9.mjtrim)
- 1/2 yd of 10mm Organdy Ribbon, Light Peach Style# 02110
- 25mm Plastic Head Band, White Style#43469 (1.800.9.mjtrim)
- 1 pack of SS12 Swarvoski Rhinestones, Crystal Style# 03012
- 1 pack of SS34 Swarvoski Rhinestones, Crystal Style# 03034
- 15” of 2mm Fine Metallic Twist Cord, Brown Gold Style# 00860
- 1/4” Swarvoski Crystal Belt, Crystal/Silver Style # 19912
- 2 pcs of 18*10mm Swarvoski Crystal Sew-on Pear Shaped Jewel, Crystal Style# 27474
- 1 pc of 15*4 mm Navette Rhinestone w/Setting, Crystal Style# 03912
- 1 pc of 18*9mm Sew-on, Crystal Style# 27473
- 1 pc of 12*6mm Sew-on, Crystal Style# 27473
- 1 pc of 10mm Round Sew-on, Crystal #32016
- E6000, Style # 37777
- Take the 1/2 yard of satin ribbon and glue it the headband to cover the plastic, cut the the ends to make them shorter, then glue the ends to the inside.
- Take the 1/2 yard of organza ribbon and glue it straight in the middle of the headband. Cut a little of the ends, leave some left over to glue the ends on the inside of the headband.
- take the metallic cord, cut 4 pieces even pieces (about 3 1/2 inches long), take the belt and swoop the pieces through, as a belt and glue the the ends on to the headband.
- take the other pieces of jewels and scatter them as you wish on each side of the head band.
M&J Trimming was featured in the Martha Stewart show today along with Matha’s in-house crafter, Hosanna Houser. Hosanna and Martha teaches us how to make fashion bib necklaces using M&J’s glass sew-on jewels and Italian faceted jewels. Click here to learn how to make the necklace.