With the cold winter months looming over us like a dark stormy cloud, we find solace in our delicious hot drinks. But sometimes the cold is just too biting to even have our drinks out unattended because the icy wind will chill them in an instant! Keep your coffee, tea or hot chocolate piping hot (and stylish) with this DIY!
What You’ll Need:
50mm Velvet Ribbon (Light Beige) #02450
15mm Grosgrain Fantasy Ribbon (Beige Multi) #34304
23mm x 14mm Swarovski Oval Sew-On Stone (Crystal Golden Shadow) #56006
Paper Coffee Cup (Measuring purposes)
1. Wrap your velvet ribbon around the cup. Then using your pencil, mark a line going straight down. Repeat with the other end.
2. Cut where the pencil marks are.3. Place velvet on another piece of velvet, making sure the soft sides are both facing out. Cut them to match, and glue both pieces together.
4. After the glue has dried, place the ribbon around the cup and mark the spot to sew.
5. Sew the velvet ribbon into place using the spot you made as a guide.
6. Follow the steps above with the grosgrain ribbon.
7. Sew the oval stone onto the center of the criss-crossed velvet and ribbon.
Voila! You have a cup cozy fit for a queen! Which of your hot drinks deserves this royal treatment?
When cold weather strikes, the first things we reach for are our cozy winter blankets and socks, and then we make our way into the kitchen to warm ourselves from the inside out with a warm cup of coffee, tea, or even a hot toddy if we’re battling a cold. Here are some of our favorite DIYs inspired by, using, or related to hot drinks!
Catch that loose leaf tea before it can make a break for it! Bad jokes aside, bagging loose tea is a terrific idea if you want to enjoy a specific tea flavor anywhere and anytime. This easy DIY from A Beautiful Mess makes tea time even more adorable.
Remember when we gave you some organizing tips for the new year? Well this yarn organizer is perfect for the caffeinated and cluttered. Reuse those old coffee cans and organize your life!
You’ve probably seen the baked marker mug DIYs online. This is a fun metallic version from Framed Frosting, and it will surely make you smile every time you see it. Polka dots are a known smile-inducer. Fact.
This ombre coffee set from Shrimp Salad Circus is a must-make in our book. It’s perfect for sharing and enjoying a hot drink with someone special!
Glam. That’s the word that comes to mine when you see this gorgeous mug from Une Touche de Rose. Who needs rings when your coffee mug has its own bling?!
So how will you be upgrading your hot drink routine?