This Earth Day many DIY Bloggers are getting in on the DIY action. Some are giving life to worn out items while others are creating art from recycled goods. Both Honestly WTF, Suburban Mom and Trash to Couture have added value to their basic tees while Inner Child Fun and Almastoller have created art out of what some may consider garbage. Here at M&J we love seeing what is going on in the crafting world and couldn’t wait to share some of our Earth Day favorites with you.
DIY Key Wind Charm
DIY T-Shirt Slippers
DIY Market Bag
DIY: How to Recycle a Magazine
DIY: Create a ruffled skirt
DIY: How to macrame an old shirt
Winter in NYC is not over so we’ve been looking for creative ways to add style to our wardrobe while still wearing the same coats, hats, scarves and gloves. Not only are statement necklaces a great way to do this but so are jeweled winter accessories! The girls over at Honestly WTF created a beautiful DIY jeweled beanie using our sew on and flatback rhinestones. It’s cool, chic, and unique so make sure to check out their tutorial in order to make your own!
We love a great standout piece of jewelry. During the winter, a great way to add style to your layers is adding a great statement necklace over everything. These statement necklaces are a great way to add some glitz and creativity to your everyday wardrobe!
In Honor of Design
taylor & DEMOLISH
I Spy DIY
We’re savoring the last days of summer, but we’re also so excited for the upcoming fall. In anticipation of colder days ahead, we rounded up our 5 favorite DIY sweaters. No one wants to be stuck with a plain, boring old sweater, so why not try out one of these DIYs? Which one is your favorite?
DIY Heart Sweater by A Beautiful Mess
DIY Studded Sweater by Style and Pepper
DIY Stitched Open Knit Sweater by Inspiration and Realisation
DIY Jelly Sweater by Style Reload
DIY Sweater Elbow Patch by Honestly WTF
There’s no better way to jazz up your home than with a lovely lampshade. Thanks to some of our favorite DIYers, we’ve found some awesome ways to create your own custom lampshade. See our five favorites below!
DIY Floral Lampshade by Honestly WTF
DIY Doily Lampshade by A Beautiful Mess
DIY Ombre Lampshade by Martha Stewart
DIY Crisscross Lampshade by Midwest Living
DIY Woven Rope Lampshade by Design*Sponge
A day at the beach isn’t complete without a chic sun hat to top it off, so we went searching for the best DIY hats to make this summer. Check out our list below and let us know which one you like best!
1. DIY Sun Hat by P.S. I Made This
2. DIY Embellished Hat by Style Slicker
3. DIY Stitched Hat by Honestly WTF
4. DIY 1940s-Inspired Hat by Grosgrain Fabulous
5. DIY Floppy Hat by Knocked Up Fabulous
Belts are the best way to accessorize a simple summer outfit, so we have been searching for the best DIY belt tutorials to try. We think we’ve narrowed it down to the top 5 – check out our picks below!
1. DIY J. Crew Style Belt by Sidewalk Ready
2. DIY Rope Belt by Sincerely, Kinsey
3. DIY Door Knocker Belt by Honestly WTF
4. DIY Isabel Marant Belt by Floorteloves
5. DIY Transparent Belt by Love Aesthetics
With summer just around the corner, there’s no better time to be trying out some hippie-chic headbands. We searched our favorite DIY blogs to find the best headband tutorials, and we’re pretty pleased with what we found. Here’s our list of the top 5 headbands we plan to try this summer!
1. DIY Dolce & Gabbana Tiara by Honestly WTF
2. DIY Floral Headband by A Beautiful Mess
3. DIY Double Strand Lace Headband by Elisa McLaughlin Designs
4. DIY Floral Headband by Wish Wish Wish
5. DIY Crystal Wrapped Headband by P.S. I Made This
We love DIY blogger tutorials- especially these bold statement necklaces! We managed to cut down our list to our top 5 DIY blogger necklaces that we plan to try. Pick your favorite statement pieces and start DIYing!
1. DIY Gretchen Jones Necklace by Honestly WTF
2. DIY Washer Necklace by Runway DIY
3. DIY Heartbeat Necklace by ISPYDIY
4. DIY Statement Necklace by P.S.- I Made This
5. Chevron Fringe Necklace DIY by The Alison Show
We obviously can’t get enough of DIY blogger tutorials- especially their arm candy! From studs to embroidery floss, here’s a list of the top 5 DIY blogger bracelets that we plan to try.
1. DIY Spiked Bracelet by A Pair and a Spare
2. DIY Braided Hex Nut Bracelet by Honestly… WTF
3. DIY Chain and Rhinestone Bracelet by I Spy DIY
4. DIY Bullet Cuff by Stripes and Sequins
5. DIY Wrap Bracelet by Honestly…WTF