New Year’s Eve is the time for glitz and glam, and this year we’re pulling out all of the stops with a DIY accessory that’s sure to garner some attention. We’re making a bejeweled golden Holiday Clutch that’s perfect for that VIP New Year’s Eve party!
What You’ll Need:
Antiqued 12mm X 10mm Rectangle With Setting
Antiqued 10MM X 6MM Pear With Setting
10mm X 5mm Navette Rhinestone with Setting
10mm X 6mm Pear Rhinestone with Setting
10mm X 8mm Swarovski Crystal Oval Rhinestone with Setting
8mm X 6mm Oval Rhinestone with Setting
2” Large Rhinestone Leaf Trim
Glue Applicator Syringe
1. Cut three sets of two leaves and one circle out of the rhinestone trim.
2. Glue down each set so that they are mirroring each other. TIP: Use the applicator syringe so the glue does not get messy.
3. Create a colorful pattern with your sew-ons. Make sure that the pattern on one side matches the one on the other.
4. Glue the sew-ons down using that same syringe.
5. Allow the glue to dry for 24 hours.
After the glue has set, your stunning holiday clutch is ready to follow you wherever the night takes you!
Dangly earrings are an easy upgrade to glamorize any outfit. DIY your own jeweled drop earrings using sew-on gems in colors that capture the oceanic and pastel trends of the season.
Tools and Materials:
Pliers and wire clippers
Choose your layout of the jewels.
Clip off two to three inches of craft wire, and use to connect two jewels together, like above, with a longer end to secure the wire.
Gripping the wires with your pliers, wrap the longer end of the wire around the shorter end three times and clip off any extra wire.
Connect all the jewels together.
Put a small drop of E6000 on the back of the top jewel.
Stick the earring post back in the glue. Press firmly in place for 30 seconds, and let dry over night.