Everyone always sees the adorable little girl throwing petals on the floor. Brides also need to worry about what to put on their flower girls. You can create your own head band for your flower girl using ribbon and crystals with these easy steps.
- 1/2 yd of 2 1/4 Poly Satin Ribbon, Ivory Style# 00318 (1.800.9.mjtrim)
- 1/2 yd of 10mm Organdy Ribbon, Light Peach Style# 02110
- 25mm Plastic Head Band, White Style#43469 (1.800.9.mjtrim)
- 1 pack of SS12 Swarvoski Rhinestones, Crystal Style# 03012
- 1 pack of SS34 Swarvoski Rhinestones, Crystal Style# 03034
- 15” of 2mm Fine Metallic Twist Cord, Brown Gold Style# 00860
- 1/4” Swarvoski Crystal Belt, Crystal/Silver Style # 19912
- 2 pcs of 18*10mm Swarvoski Crystal Sew-on Pear Shaped Jewel, Crystal Style# 27474
- 1 pc of 15*4 mm Navette Rhinestone w/Setting, Crystal Style# 03912
- 1 pc of 18*9mm Sew-on, Crystal Style# 27473
- 1 pc of 12*6mm Sew-on, Crystal Style# 27473
- 1 pc of 10mm Round Sew-on, Crystal #32016
- E6000, Style # 37777
- Take the 1/2 yard of satin ribbon and glue it the headband to cover the plastic, cut the the ends to make them shorter, then glue the ends to the inside.
- Take the 1/2 yard of organza ribbon and glue it straight in the middle of the headband. Cut a little of the ends, leave some left over to glue the ends on the inside of the headband.
- take the metallic cord, cut 4 pieces even pieces (about 3 1/2 inches long), take the belt and swoop the pieces through, as a belt and glue the the ends on to the headband.
- take the other pieces of jewels and scatter them as you wish on each side of the head band.
First communion is a Catholic Church ceremony, which is considered the holiest and most important occasion in a Catholics life. First communion typically takes place at age 7 or 8, “the age of reason”. The ceremonies are usually held between April and July, but May tends to be the most popular month. This is an important festive occasion and special clothing is worn. Fancy dresses, veils attached to headpieces, and white gloves are worn in white to symbolize purity. Following the ceremony most families celebrate by having large family gatherings.
Since it is first communion season, it is time to choose your child’s accessories! Our new communion couture collection includes veils, headpieces, decorative hair jewelry and gloves. We carry unique styles that cannot be found anywhere else, as well as traditional looks that never go out of fashion. We have beautiful hair vines that are very cute and sweet. We also have hair wreaths and tiaras attached to veils to choose from. Don’t forget the gloves! Gloves with crystal designs or classic styles add a special touch to any communion outfit. Please allow two weeks ordering time for this adorable collection of couture communion pieces.
Using silk ribbons, it’s so easy to match the flower girl’s dress to the flower basket. Rhinestone buttons can be added to give it that extra elegant finish. This is a great idea for brides who are looking for something easy yet still beautiful for her flower girl. You can choose silk ribbon colors that match with your wedding theme. All you have to do is tie the bow onto the dress and stitch the ribbon onto the wedding basket. Then finish it off with a glistening Swarovski rhinestone button and you’re all finish.