The ‘Dance Baby Dance’ editorial in Vogue Turkey’s December 2012 issue is so inspiring. While searching for New Years party outfits, this editorial definitely makes us want to DIY instead of buy! Chunky chains, sequin pants, sequin tops, baroque lace and feather dresses … we are going back into our DIY archives for ideas because we want this New Years to truly be one of a kind!
A while ago we shared our Carnival inspiration with you, and ever since we’ve been dreaming of fun feather trims and shiny sequins. We wanted to make a DIY incorporating some of our incredible feather trims, so we created this lovely feather clutch that would be perfect for a night on the town. It’s very simple, but the final result is oh-so-chic! Take a look for yourself and let us know what you think.
1. Measure out the feather trim so it wraps around the clutch once (both the front and the back). Cut one piece to this length. Cut two more pieces that are the same length, so you have three pieces of trim that will wrap all the way around the clutch.
2. Lay the feather trim down on the clutch so the feathers are hanging over the bottom of the clutch a bit. Then use the glue to slowly glue the trim in place, section by section. Glue it all the way around the clutch and trim any excess feathers.
There’s nothing better than having an adorable keychain to accompany your keys. We’ve been scouting out some DIY keychains lately, and thought we would share our favorites with you. From animals to feathers, there are some pretty cute ideas, so check them out below! Which one do you like the best?
DIY Leather Heart Key Ring by Love Maegan
DIY Animal Keychain by Between the Lines
DIY Leather Tassel Keychain by Little Green Notebook
DIY Sailor Knot Keychain by Michael Ann Made
Our latest blogger obsession is Christina, the super crafty girl behind Copenhagan-based blog Passions for Fashion. Her DIY tutorials cover everything from jewelry to home decor, and they are always quite tasteful and on-trend. We’re particularly in love with her feather earrings – we must DIY those ASAP! Keep reading to see a few more of Christina’s projects, and stop by Passions for Fashion to get more DIY updates.
Not quite a headband, not quite a hat, a headpiece is our favorite way to add a bohemian vibe to an outfit. Ever since we spotted them on some of our style icons at Coachella, we have been searching for the best headpiece tutorials to follow. Here’s our top 5!
1. DIY Bohemian Chain Headpiece by All The Good Girls Go To Heaven
2. DIY Beach Boho Headpiece by P.S. I Made This
3. DIY Feather Headpiece by Wunderlust
4. DIY Ann Demeulemeester Feather Headpiece by Monoxious
5. DIY Headpiece Out of a Necklace by Oh So Pretty the Diaries
With Halloween well on its way, I wanted to share some amazing Halloween DIY’s I’ve come across recently. What are you DIY’ing for Halloween?
M&J Trimming is so happy, excited & honored to see a full-page feature of M&J Trimming in Martha Stewart Weddings Summer 2011 Issue! Martha Stewart Weddings is the perfect magazine for helping you plan your wedding with great tips in diy, fashion, and decorations we are happy to know that they feel the same way about us. Be sure to pick up a copy in a local store today.
“New York City’s craft mecca, our one-stop shop for the best DIY details” -Martha Stewart Weddings.
Links to Categories in Order Below
Half Ball Button, Mother of Pearl Buttons, Tuxedo Buttons, Fashion Buttons
Important Rayon Twist Cord and Mesh Tube Ribbon