Lace shorts have been seen on style blogs and in stores all over the country, and we absolutely adore this trend! The light and airy look of lace with a relaxed pair of denim shorts is the ultimate salute to summer. We chose a ruffled trim to capture the carefree nature of the season, but you can pick any style you like. You can even mix up the color with black lace on red shorts for more of an evening look.
What You’ll Need:
Light Wash Blue Jean Shorts
Frilly Ruffled Lace Fringe
Needle and Thread
1. Turn your shorts inside out, and line up the lace trim where you want it to go.
2. Sew the lace trim around each leg opening.
To find more inspiring materials to work with, check out the 4 Ways shop!
Independence Day is only a few days away! Get ready for fireworks, Americana outfits and the best parties of the summer! If you’re throwing your own shindig and need some decor ideas to liven up your abode, you’ve come to the right place. Here are the hottest DIYs for your 4th of July party.
Always planning for the best party, Studio DIY have the most star-spangled piñatas for your BBQ!
Learn how to make an easy fireworks centerpiece for your table from Better Homes and Gardens.
This patriotic wreath from the Sweetest Survival brings a little understated festivity to your doorstep, and we obviously adore that navy ribbon!
If you’re a typography buff, making a patriotic statement has never been easier with this printable from eighteen25!
Hosting a patriotic get-together? Take a tip from Domestically Speaking, and serve them on this rustic burlap table runner with beautiful ribbon inserts.
Going to the beach is always an adventure, but sometimes it can also become a treasure hunt when your items go missing in the sand! Stop losing your beach essentials with this cool DIY that makes a simple towel into the perfect accessory for carrying everything you need. What You’ll Need:
1.5” Roman Stripe Ribbon
7/8” Grosgrain Ribbon in Pistachio
1. Lay out your towel, and fold it up to create a big pocket.
2. Place ribbons where you want the pockets to be, and sew closed. Sew a ribbon to the top of the towel without going through both layers.
3. Sew the the ends of the towel in place as well.
4. Take your pistachio ribbon and create two bows. Sew at the top of each spot where the ribbon goes down vertically.
Everyone wants their space to be a reflection of their personalities, and if your personality is feminine, flirty and a little shabby chic, you’re going to love our latest DIY. Our cool, customized initial uses faux flowers and lace that look beautiful when paired together. You can make an initial that matches your personality by varying the trims. Use grosgrain for a preppy look, or jacquard for something more vintage-chic.
What You’ll Need:
5.25” Floral Pattern Chantilly Lace
6” Chantilly Floral Lace
Hot Glue Gun
1. Cut your lace into pieces.
2. Paint the Sobo Glue onto the letter.
3. Gently lay the lace over the glue. Pat down. Let dry.
4. Place on the letter in different spots, and glue down with the hot glue gun.
After a particularly chilly and snowy winter, there is no better time to head outside and enjoy the great outdoors than now. We’re at a pivotal point in spring when summer is just around the corner, and the possibility of adventures is just outside of our doorsteps! But what about our DIYs? How do we still get projects done and stretch our creative muscles when we’re outside?
Photography- The great outdoors offer an unmatched canvas for future DIYs that need photos. Take photos to use in upcoming DIYs to make them even more personal!
Painting- Watercolors are great for carrying around because they aren’t as messy as acrylics and oil paints. They’re great for painting outdoor scene s like flowers in a park or a beautiful oceanscapes.
Embroidery- Embroidery is a precise hobby that often takes a number of different types of thread. Pick a pattern that only uses a few colors to make it more mobile.
Knitting- Knitting is a great hobby that helps to relieve stress, but summer isn’t usually the best time for knitting new scarves. Make yourself an open weave cardigan or cover-up instead!
Bracelet making may seem hard on a sandy beach, but our tip is to leave the beads at home. Focus on friendship bracelets for a soothing summer activity.
Do you need a gift for your fashion-conscious father or husband? We have the perfect gift to send dad off with style, and the best part is that this completely customizable gift is easy to make yourself! Check out these DIY bow ties we created just in time for Father’s Day.
What You’ll Need:
35mm Imported Floral Jacquard
2” Striped Grosgrain
1.5” Ombre Grosgrain
Needle and Thread
1. Cut 3 inches of striped grosgrain, and put it aside. You’ll be using this strip for the center of the bow tie.
2. Take your longer piece of grosgrain, and fold one end of your striped grosgrain into the center of the ribbon.
3. Fold the other side over to meet the other piece.
4. Squeeze the center, and sew into place to secure the bow tie.
5. Fold your 3″ piece up horizontally, and wrap it around the center of the tie.
6. Measure the bow tie around a neck, leaving an extra inch.
7. Fold the corner tip of the ribbon to the center, and the other corner tip to the center. Sew the male side to the tip.
8. Sew the female end to the back of the center of the bow tie.
Make these bow ties in an assortment of styles for any occasion! Use trendy trim and ribbons to keep your dad stylin’!
The weather is fine, the sun is out, and it’s so close to summer you can actually taste the sea salt in the air. If you haven’t already, now may be the best time to banish those tall boots! Don’t have enough shoe options for spring? Don’t worry! These DIY options are perfect solution to your footwear woes.
These gladiator sandals are definitely for the bold and stylish. Imagine walking down the beach in these!
Jazz up a plain pair of flats with some fun colored lace!
All you need to embellish these cute flats is a pair of basic white shoes and a marker. Think of the possibilities!
These glittered sneakers are just the thing to wear on a sunny day! Your feet will certainly be attention-grabbing!
We’ve made quite a few warm-weather shoes ourselves, and these ombre flats are perfect for a stroll in Central Park!
Quotes are a powerful thing. They can inspire, make us laugh, make us thankful and bring on an entire spectrum of emotion with one key phrase. Quotes in design are comforting, and help you really speak your mind without ever uttering a word because, let’s face it, no one puts up a quote without being absolutely in love with it. There are plenty of ways to incorporate your favorite phrase into your every day with these fun DIYs!
This cute tote from A Beautiful Mess is the perfect thing to bring with you on a shopping trip.
Washi tape never fails to impress. This neat DIY uses patterned washi tape for a bright look!
This pillow DIY is the perfect typographic addition to any living room sofa!
We love this DIY from The Wood Grain Cottage because of the rustic wood grain peeking out from the white canvas.
How cool is this kitchen quote from Mollee Made? It makes us hungry just looking at it!
What quotes have you used in your DIYs?
If you want to jazz up your office supply stash, look no further than M&J Trimming! We have a stash of gorgeous ribbons, trims and notions that are perfect for personalized your office space. So whether you’re a recent grad looking to beautify their first cube, an intern dipping a toe into the working world in style, or a seasoned pro who wants a little more personality in their space; you can DIY office upgrades with ease! Check out these adorable paper clips that can be used as bookmarks, or hold together your thesis paper.
5mm Gingham Ribbon
9mm Rose Satin Jacquard
Paper Clip 1 1. Place your 9mm Jacquard through the top of the paper clip.
2. Fold over the bottom piece and cut. Glue pieces together.
3. Once dried, cut the top piece on a slant or different shape.
Paper Clip 2
1. Place your 5mm Gingham Ribbon through the paper clip, and tie it in a knot.
2. Glue one side of your ribbon to the back of the knot going on a slant.
3. Place the other side of your ribbon across the opposite side to create a bow. Glue down.
This spring and summer we’re really feeling sparkly embellishments, especially on unexpected pieces! This neon pink skirt was the perfect canvas for jeweled embellishments because it’s bold and will stand out at any party. If you want to tone this look down, try using a neutral base with monochromatic jewels instead! What You’ll Need:
18mm x 13mm Octagon Jewel W/2 Holes
28mm x 16mm Oval Jewel W/2 Holes
24mm x 10mm Oval Jewel W/2 Holes
14m Round Jewel W/2 Holes
1. Lay out your skirt and start to place your jewels where you would like them. We created a geometric pattern with ours. 2. Once you have planned out your design, sew each jewel in place. Now you have a great skirt for going out in! You can also use this same technique to embellish a shirt or a jacket!