As the weather gets colder and party season heads into full swing, we’re looking for holiday party style that won’t leave us shivering! This week we used Brilliance sew-on jewels to upgrade a stylish sweater into a seasonal staple! Pair this sweater with dark denim and a wedge boot, and you won’t need another accessory. And remember, there’s nothing wrong with giving the cold shoulder with a little bit of icy Brilliance bling.
What You’ll Need:
Brilliance Sew-On Jewels in Jet
Needle and Thread
1. Place Brilliance stones onto sweater in your desired pattern. We placed them in a random cluster on one shoulder, but follow your creative instincts. Use different colors, play with placement and have fun with it!
2. Start sewing! If you find your jewels sinking into the sweater, place a fabric behind the sweater material and jewels.
When it comes to Halloween costumes, the component that is usually left untouched is the footwear! We have a feeling that that’s because people are intimidated to DIY with shoes, but fret not DIYers! The internet is chock full of easy DIYs that will step up your costume game, literally. Here are a few of our favorite shoe DIYs for those who would like to delve into costume shoe customization.
This boot DIY is perfect for costumes that require boots in hard-to-find colors or superhero boots!
We have to give this DIY a round a ap-paws for allowing us to make a cute pair of costume paws.
Keep it simple and spooky with a pair of DIY Skeleton Canvas Shoes!
Last but certainly not least, witch costumes are a Halloween staple, so it only makes sense that we would feature these awesome DIY Witch Heels!
Halloween is getting closer and closer and we are super excited for one of our favorite holidays. Halloween is a day to be creative and bring your favorite characters to life, or you can make one up. One big deal for Halloween is, what to do with your face! If you’re still thinking about what to be for Halloween, or you just need some creative ideas to get your creative juices flowing, well then, here we are to help. We’ve gathered some pretty unique mask ideas. Sometimes you don’t even need a mask, just apply some make-up and face paint, and let your face be your canvas.
Alice in Wonderland Inspiration. How cool are these “Rabbit in Hole” masks?
Ice Queen Mask. Soooo iceyyyyy! You can add some sew-on jewels to make the effect pop.
No mask needed for this Diamond Mask inspiration. All you need is some make-up. You can add rhinestones and apply with body glue. Perfect for those last-minute costumes.
Going to a ball soon? This Masquerade Mask is perfect for you! We love how the lace and purple colors all combine so beautifully.
Wow! Can you believe it’s almost October. With September coming to an end, here are some ways to keep yourself busy and those creative juices flowing. Here is a round-up of some pretty unique projects from the month of September. We’ve rounded up our favorite DIY projects that can surely keep you busy for October. Make a pillow, or re-design your closet. Keep your mind at ease this fall with some DIY projects. The ideas are endless!
Such a cool way to hold candles. And it goes great with the fall season!
Another useful way to use trimmings. It came out beautiful! Make sure to check out the before & after picture.
You can never have too many candles. But how cute are these shell candles! So creative.
Make a chain scarf! It will definitely come in handy for the fall and winter.
Everything about this pillow is perfect. The color, the saying, the design…very fall-ish.
If you’re looking for an easy DIY that will instantly make your doorstep more festive for your favorite frightening holiday, Halloween, this is it! Instead of going the traditional carving route, we decided to make use of our leather cord to create a unique embroidered effect. We also used a craft foam pumpkin for this DIY so that it can last multiple seasons, but you can swap it out for the real thing too!
What You’ll Need:
Spooky Image of Your Choice
1mm Round Leather Cord
1. Cut out your image.
2. Pin paper cut-out to pumpkin.
3. Cut out top of pumpkin. If you’re using a real pumpkin you’ll want to clean out the insides.
4. Make a knot at the base of the leather cord.
5. Either drill or puncture small holes into the pumpkin using your cutout as a guide.
6. Start weaving your leather cord through all of the holes. Make sure every hole has a complementary hole close by.
7. Continue weaving until the image is complete. For small areas you can tie a knot and weave back through one hole, as we did with the spider fangs.
Are your basic tanks looking a little boring? Take a tank top from bland to beautiful with the addition of lace embellishments! For this DIY we took a collection of our favorite lace trims of the moment, and re-purposed them as appliques! This DIY is great for upgrading an old piece of clothing into a style statement, and the technique can be used to embellish anything from a hat to a coat!
4” (102 MM) Rose Wool Lace
3” (76 MM) Leaf Embroidered Lace
5” (127 MM) Floral Wool Lace
4 1/2” (114 MM) Wool Lace
Sobo Craft Glue
Needle and Thread
1. Cut out shapes from your lace trim.
2. Arrange the lace shapes on the tank top. Play around with the layout until you’re happy with the design.
3. Place a piece of cardboard inside of the tank top so that the glue doesn’t go through both sides of the garment.
4. Glue the elements down, and let them dry.
5. Sew the elements onto the tank top for extra security.
We’ve been zipper crazed! Our last DIY features a necklace made of some lace, beaded trim, and of course a zipper! We’ve gathered some accessories that were made out of zippers that we find pretty cool and unique. Add some zippers to your accessory tray with these inspiring accessories that features all sorts of zippers.
So chic! Loving the layered zipper effect.
Arm candy fever !! We are loving these beautiful colored zippers.
Feathers, zippers, and some studs. So creative!
Statement piece of zippers! This is beautifully put together.
Need a ring for that statement piece?
This week’s DIY is quite a stunner! As we head into cooler weather, it’s up to our outfits to keep us bold, bright and warm. Well we have a few of those bases covered with this statement necklace that we created using a zipper and some glamorous metallic trim. This statement necklace would look great over a little black dress, and if you’re really crafty, you can use it in place of a typical zipper for your next sewing project.
1 1/2” (38 MM) Metallic Lace
7/8″ Multi-Beaded Trim
18″ Heavy Separating Jacket Zipper
Needle and Thread
1. Measure how much lace and beaded trim you will need.
2. Add one inch to the desired size, and cut to that size.
3. Place glue on one side of the zipper.
4. Glue down your lace. Repeat on the opposite side and let dry.
5. Sew the lace into place for extra security.
6. Flip the zipper over and place glue on the other side.
7. Add beaded trim to glue. Repeat on the opposite side and let dry.
8. Sew the trim into place for extra security.
9. Add glue to the end pieces of lace, and fold them over so you don’t have any raw edges. This will help to prevent fraying.
It’s Back to School season! How excited are you to be back in school? Or if you’re a parent, how excited are you for your kids to go back to school? Well, whether you’re a student looking for some quick tips on how to dazzle up your style this year, or a parent just looking for more ways to be creative this school year, you have clicked into the right place. Here are some great tips for the upcoming school year. Remember to focus on your studies, and stay fashionable!
Lesson#1: Lunch Box – This is by far one of the most creative, yet so simple, DIYs. Lunch is a very important meal of the day, so bring it to school in style. Personalize it with your choice of pattern and button.
Lesson#2: A Stylish Backpack – Check out these creative DIYs for styling up your backpack! Loving the studded, ivory backpack, it’s so chic!
Lesson#3: Fancy Bookmarks – Never lose track of that last page. These adorable button bookmarks are perfect for bookmarking homework pages, study pages, or just book marking that favorite book of yours.
Lesson#4: Personalize Your Supplies: This is such a great way to add a personal touch of creativity to your school supplies. Personalize your supplies with these easy and quick tips for your school supplies can have a little sense of fashion as well. Such a fun project to do by yourself or with the kids.
Lesson#5: Stay Organized – Organization is key to a successful year. Keep your books stored, and your supplies together with this simple supply organizer.
This week’s DIY is super simple, but incredibly chic. We took one of our favorite patterns, Greek key, and added it to a basic white lamp shade. The result? A lamp that looks fabulous, and is easy and inexpensive to make.
1 3/8″ (33mm) Greek Key Jacquard
1. Wrap the trim around the base of your lampshade to see how much trim your will need.
2. Cut to the length you will need
3. Apply glue to the base of the lampshade.
4. Place your trim on the areas with glue. If your lampshade has a seam, start there.
Continue wrapping the trimming around the lampshade until it covers the entire length of the base.