If you’re looking for an easy way to add glamour to your decor, look no further than this DIY. It’s easy to make if you’re no stranger to a paint brush, and will instantly make your room look and feel more stylish. We used acrylic paint and our new Brilliance rhinestones to turn a basic glass bottle into a colorful flower vase.
Brilliance SS20 Fuchsia Crystals
Small Glass Bottle
1. Begin by framing the rectangle glass bottle with paint.
2. Add flowers with your paint, and let it dry.
3. Glue Brilliance crystals to the centers of the flowers you painted, and let dry.
If you’ve perused any swimsuit website this season, you’ll see that strappy neon suits are all the rage right now! We love the look of neon and black, especially for summer, so we decided to create our own version of this trending suit using a basic black bandeau and fun neon elastic. With the addition of so many straps for support, this bathing suit is perfect for the active girl on the go!Materials:
Black Bandeau Bathing Suit Top
5/8” Neon Foldover Elastic
Needle and Thread
1- Turn your bandeau over and carefully cut of the three straps or the amount of straps the bathing suits has.
2- Measure the new elastics that will replace the ones you just cut. You might need less elastic since the thickness of the new elastic is thinner. Sew in the same spot where the previous elastic was.3- Turn the bandeau over and measure the elastics for shoulder straps.
4- Take two of the colored elastics and sew from the inside of the front to the inside of the back of the bathing suit. 5- Take the last elastic and sew from the inside of the front next to the first elastic from the center. Cross the elastic for the back part and sew on the inside of the back of the suit.
Need a gift for dad this weekend? Check out these awesome DIYs that any dad would love! They’re sure to make any man melt, especially when he knows they’re handmade! For the father who likes to maintain a memorable mustache, make a shaving cream that’s great for irritable skin.
If your dad loves to grill, make him a kit that’s perfect for his pastime.
If your dad has a favorite craft brew, turn those old boxes into cool coasters that look great on any table and keep the water rings away!
Make sure dad’s thinking of how much you love him whenever he flies with a DIY leather luggage tag!
If you know your way around a sewing machine, this Waxed Canvas Backpack makes an impressive DIY gift!
Keeping your head feeling and looking cool during the summer doesn’t have to be hard! We created an adorable silk headband that hides a secret weapon. Inside the headband is a wire allowing you to manipulate the headband however you want! It also makes the fit completely customizable. You can keep your hair out of your face while the summer heat is blaring, all while looking totally chic.
2” Midori Dupioni Silk Ribbon
16 Gauge Wire
Needle and thread or sewing machine
1. Measure the Dupioni ribbon around your head leaving extra in order to twist once wrap is complete. Once you have your measurement, duplicate the same piece you create to have two pieces.2. Start to sew the pieces together.
3. Take your wire and create a loop. Twist the wire ends together.
4. Insert wire into the ribbon before sewing up the last few inches.
This Father’s Day make your dad something he is sure to love! If your dad has a habit of losing his keys, make them harder to misplace with a guy-approved keychain. No rhinestones or baubles here! We created a braided faux leather keychain that has an edge of rustic masculinity.
Key chain clasp
Needle and Thread
1. Take your leather fold over to create a loop. Make the loop as long as you desire. Cut excess leather.
2. Slip the leather through the metal clasp opening.
3. Sew the edges of your trim together.
4. Glue the edges of the trim with your Sobo glue so it does not fray. Let dry.
This week we have a DIY that is the perfect piece to complete your spring and summer wardrobe. Inspired by Marni’s incredible rope necklaces, we decided to put all of our cord to good use! This simpler design features one length of cord at a time, but you can always add additional segments to the necklace. We like wearing a clustered bunch to really make a statement, but you can also rock one at a time. These necklaces are a little bit nautical too, making them perfect for your summer vacation at sea!
6mm Braided Metallic Cord
12mm Imported Chenille Twist
End Caps (small and large)
Chenille Cord Necklace1. Measure your chenille cord around your neck, and cut depending on how long you want your necklace. Cut cord.
2. Take your jewelry wire and hold the tip with the loop with a set of pliers. Create a knot by twisting the wire into a ball. This will allow the wire not to fall through the opening of the end cap.
3. Place the loop tip into the end cap so it come out on the other side.
4. Add glue and place cord into the end cap. Let dry and repeat on other side.
5. Add a jump ring to each end and a lobster clasp to on end.
Braided Metallic Cord Necklace
1. After cutting your cord to the desired length, take your smaller end caps and add glue inside.
2. Place cord end into the cap and let dry. Repeat on the other side.
3. Add a jump ring to each end and a lobster clasp to on end.
Get ready to get crafty! We’ve put together a list of our favorite DIYs from the month. This tulle skirt from ABM is not only perfect for a spring date, it’s also easy to make!
Studio DIY created these adorable trinket dishes that are perfect for anyone who constantly misplaces their keys.
These egg cup planters from Sugar and Cloth are perfect for succulents and summer seedlings!
Make this colorful art from Design Sponge using tissue paper to create those cool abstract shapes!
There’s nothing negative to say about these negative print foil prints from Damask Love!
This week make yourself a hat that you’ll be using every weekend this summer! Take a simple canvas hat, add a little embellishment, and you have a fun accessory to bring to the beach. We used a striped grosgrain, but you can use anything from jute to beaded trim to personalize your headpiece!
Plain Beach Hat
1.5” (38mm) Stripe Grosgrain
1. Glue the beginning of the ribbon to the back of the head.
2. Continue glue around until you reach the point where you started.
3. Cut the extra ribbon, but leave a little extra to fold over.
4. Glue the final piece down so it connects to the other piece. Let dry.
Looking for a great DIY gift for Mom? After a long day there’s nothing like pampering yourself with small indulgences. Whether it’s a piece of crazy-good chocolate, a light-hearted book, or a bubble bath with filled with your favorite fragrances. This post is going to tackle the latter, with a collection of DIY-able bath goodies that are sure to make your mom, friend, grandmother or anyone for that matter, smile during their luxurious soak.
A sweet strawberry scrub is the ticket to summer-ready legs!
Rough day? Massage it away with these massage bars using herbs and flowers with medicinal properties!
Add fizzing-action to your spa day with these bubbling bath bombs!
Make beautiful galaxy soap that is out of this world!
If you’ve ever accidentally mixed up your keys with someone else’s, if you find yourself struggling to find your keys at the bottom of a big tote bag, you’re in need of a key chain. Key chains are the perfect DIY because they are small, can use a number of different materials, and don’t take very long to make!
Make this cute letter key chain that can be customized with different statement beads!
Armed with some basic sewing skills and fun ribbon, you could make these adorable key fobs!
Guard your precious keys with these fearsome painted beast keychains!
Wood you be able to say no to these charming wooden key charms? Yeah, we wouldn’t be able to either.
Give your Jenga pieces new life by making them into Mod Podged map piece keychains!