When I sat down to do this entry I was a little scared. Americana fashion is hard to do without looking cheesy. I don’t know, that’s just my opinion. However, I really think that by incorporating our colors into today’s hottest trends the look can be quite hip. Wear this piece with a white tank as to not over do it.
- Ultra suede tape 10 yards of both white and cardinal, and 3 ½ yards in French blue
- Sobo craft glue
- Jewelry wire
- Wire clippers
- Cord necklace fastener. I choose to use a magnetic fastener, be sure that it will be large enough to hide all the ends of the leather.
- Cut the red and white suede into strips 36 long and the blue into strips 20” long.
- Take all the red and white and 3 strips of the blue together and wire wrap the end.
- I then pinned this end to a board and gathered the other side with the other 3 strips of the blue and draped to the other side of my board.
- If you like pull on some of the leather strips at the unwrapped end to create different lengths in the necklace.
- Once you have the desired look, gather the other ends, trim, and wire wrap. Trim the blue hanging strips so they have a staggered appearance.
- Using Sobo craft glue, glue the wrapped ends of your necklace into the magnetic fastener.