Adding stripes to your home decor can be conservative, preppy or even punk. In fashion stripes are very safe but in home decor they can be very daring. Rather than taking the plunge on your walls start small. Incorporating one or two striped pieces will add polish and sophistication to your home. For a deeper impact, incorporate stripes in more than one place. Here at M&J we have many striped trims. Check out our great assortment for inspiration.
Ever since I saw this picture of design team Badgely-Mischka’s horse farm home with its killer monogrammed bed pillows, I have been loving them. I think esthetically it happens to look really cool. It looks crisp and modern and adds a graphic element to an otherwise simple bed.
Via DecorpadVia decorpad
You can make your own gorgeous monogramed pillows with nothing but a pillow, the trim of your choice and a needle and thread! For a kids room, I would love to make the monogram out of a lot of buttons, sewed on to the pillow in the shape of a letter! or an edgier look, I would use a nailheads to add a little bit of rock n roll to a room… For the simplest and most refined look, I would use our chrome spun grosgrain ribbon and some iron on tape to create a chic monogram!
10 Kabibi Shell Button Style# 39372 (1-800-9-MJTRIM) – Sizes12mm and15mm (in Pastel Pink)
33 Fashion Button 4- Holes Style# 39789 – Sizes 24L and 28L (in Pink and Purple)
- First Step- Take out the cushion/feathers/Stuffing from the pillow, the write out the desired letter and design with Tailors chalk on the pillow
- Second Step- (can be done in two ways)
- First Way: Place the buttons on the traced letter and put tape over the buttons for a strong hold. Then machine stitch the buttons onto the pillow case and remove the tape when you’re are finished.
- Second Way: Hand-sew each button onto the traced letter, if you are not able to machine stitch.
- Third Step- When you are done sewing on the buttons take your ribbon (any other trim) and machine or hand-stitch the desired design around the buttoned letter.
- Fourth Step- Re-stuff your pillow and find the perfect place for your new pillow.
Here is another way to add your own personal touch and style to your home from what you already own. I would like to share with you two quick and easy ways to remodel your lamp.
- 1/2 yard of feather trim Style #934-2794 (1800.9.Mjtrim)
- 1/2 yard of president’s braid Style#10054(1800.9.Mjtrim)
- 1/2 yard of ivory/black brush fringe style#0532111o(1800.9.Mjtrim)
- Start by choosing your trim.
- Once you have decided on your trim you can glue the trim to the lamp, for this project E600 would hold the trim best.
- For the first lamp I decided to go with a funkier look with a feather trim.
- Then I glued a braided trim over the feather trim to give it a neater look.
- My second idea was more traditional, using this black brush fringe.
- You also have the option of cutting the extra string off the bottom to give it a more elegant look.