Spring is FINALLY Here!! And I just had to make something, anything to wear in the spring and I thought why not a belt. It’s super easy and goes with everything. Hope you enjoy these easy steps for the Spring breeze.
Step 1: Glue the ends of the braided trim so it doesn’t fray. Then slip the trim throught the buckle and throught the prong.
Step 2: Glue the end to the trim to hold in place.
Step 3: Take the 5/8″ Grosgrain ribbon and glue around the trim for a finishing look. You can also sew it for extra protction.
Step 4: Take the 1.5″ Grosgrain ribbon and glue both ends of the ribbon so ribbon does not fray. Place glue on the other end of the braided trim and place the ribbon on top.
Step5: Then sew it in place.
Summer’s almost over but it doesn’t mean we still can’t have fun dressing up! So we’ve decided to make some super cool accessories to wear on your vacation, or your everyday life and the great thing is that these pieces are so unique you can wear each one everyday with the same shirt, or you can mix them up together for that Super Chic look! Enjoy.
Breakfast under an Umbrella Animal Print W/ Metal Buckle
- Step 1: Measure waist size and add 2 inches to the length and cut.
- Step 2: Take one end of the ribbon and insert in through the middle loop of one of the buckles. Insert 1 inch, then sew that end to the ribbon on the other side of the loop.
- Step 3: Follow step 2 for the other end of the ribbon and buckle. Then you’re finished.
Lunch Out by the beach with a Strawberry DaiquiriStudded Jewel Bib Necklace
- Step 1: Iron on each beaded motif as desired. Be sure to let iron sit for 1 minute over cloth or Teflon sheet, then flip fabric over and place iron on top for 2 minutes.
- Step 2: Sew or glue jewels around beaded motifs. Then sew or glue on heart shaped metal sequin around the beaded motifs and jewels.
- Step 3: Cut a around the glued jewels and sequin, be sure to leave about 1cm of suede fabric left around the jewels, the nailheads will go around them.
- Step 4: Place the round nailheads around the cut fabric then iron-on. Let the iron sit on nailheads for about 2mins for a strong hold.
- Step 5: Insert two holes 1 1/2 inches away from the ends and attach the chain. Use desired amount for length.
Dinner, then a Night of DancingStudded Crystal Drop Necklace
- Step 1: Sew or hot glue each end of the crystal trim, so it does not fray.
- Step 2: Place the nail heads ½” away from each other on the crystal trim, and place two nailheads vertically at the ends of the crystal trim.
- Step 3: Now place an iron over the nailheads on the trim and leave for 2minutes on each nailhead. Watch this video for help.
- Step 4: Attach the chain to the end loops on the crystal trim. Use desired length.
It’s time to put your winter clothes away because Summer is Finally Here! Your only crisis for the summer, “what to shop for first?” Beach clothes, party clothes, work clothes, lazy Sunday clothes? Well, we just made it a lot easier for you. We took one simple dress and a created four different looks, for inspiration.
Look one: Day at the Beach/Park Accessories: Donna Karan Raffia heal & Vintage Emmanuelle Kkhanh Paris Sunglasses
- Step one- To create a flower appliqué with a button please see this tutorial
- Step two- Connect Chain and pearl strand by tying them together with scraps of fine lace, with either a knot or bow.
Jute Belt Directions:
- Step1- Make knots one inch away from ends and unravel cord.
- Step2- Fold the cord in half then wrap around waist and make a knot.
Look two: Weekend/Day Off Accessories: Alloy Cowboy Boots
For Peacock Feather and Tooth Pendant Necklace Click Here for Instructions
Step 1- Slip one end of the leather trim around the shank and hand sew with a leather needle and thread.
Step2-Measure around waist or desired length and insert three or four holes one inch apart on the other end of the leather trim. Cut excess trim.
Look Three: Happy HourAccessories M&J Headband , YSL Platform Pumps
- Bib Necklace: 1 Ready Made 8″ Beaded Collar Style# 45054-Black/Crystal (1.800.9.MJTRIM)
- Stretchable Belt: 1 yard of 100mm Ruffeled Elastic Style# 42206-7 (1.800.9.MJTRIM)
- Stretchable Belt: 2 Snaps
Stretchable Belt Directions:
- Step 1- Measure Stretchable trim around waist and cut.
- Step2- Sew snap closures to the ends of the stretchable trim, 1 inch apart.
Look 4: Nautical Look for work Accessories: M&J Belt
To make a belt, instead of bow Click Here
Where has the time gone? It’s almost the end of April and Mother’s day is right around the corner. With the way the economy is right now, everyone is cutting back. That doesn’t mean you can’t give your mother a nice gift this year. It just means you have to be wise about your spending.
Last year, I post up a DIY mother’s day gift idea using fabric flowers and added it onto a necklace. It came out great. Well, this year we’re going to bring that idea back and step up a notch on the design. This year, we’re going to make a leather belt with DIY fabric flower embellishments. It’s really easy, especially if you already followed the steps from my post last year. If not, it’s okay, we can start over.
- Lay the 50mm ribbon flat on the table, then fold it in half horizontally.
- Using straight pins, pin the ribbon in place.
- Using the matching thread begin hand-stitching the ribbon along the left side. Be sure to stay close to the edge and start from the backside of the ribbon.
- Space each stitch at least ½” apart.
- When you get to the end of the ribbon, remove the straight pins
- Then using your fingers, push the end of the ribbon back towards the beginning of the ribbon.
- Stitch the end in place.
- Make sure the edges of both ends of the ribbon is facing you
- Stitch the edges together, allowing the trim to form a flower shape.
- Tightly stitch the open center together.
- Then turn the ribbon around and add your button in the center.
- Stitch the button into the center.
- Repeat steps 1-12 for the 36mm and 24mm ribbons.
- Now for the belt, make sure you know your mom’s waist because the belt should fit perfectly. Let’s say your mom’s waist is 28 inches, then that means you’ll need to cut 30 inches off the leather trim.
- After you cut the trim, add on the buckle by wrapping one inch in the loop and use the leather needle to stitch it in place. Do this for both ends of the trim on each end of the buckles.
- Lastly, it’s time to add on the flowers. If you unhook the buckles, the left sides you can use unique stitch glue to add the larger flower onto the buckle so that it covers it.
- On the other side of half of the buckle, add the other two flowers along the side.
- Leave it to dry and then after it’s dries, it’ll be ready for gift wrapping
Here’s a sample picture of how to put the flower together from last year’s post.