Many designers use rhinestones to enhance pieces within their collection. Some designers add a few stones here and there while others create works of art. Judith Leiber is one designer who has made a name for herself for her innovative use of crystals and rhinestones. Her initial bag created due to a shipping error which left many of her bags damaged. Rather than throwing the bags away, Judith began decorating them with a variety of small crystals. Ms. Leiber’s creative instincts may have inspired some of the runway looks we see today. Here are some of our favorite rhinestone-enhanced looks from the runway.
Judith Lieber minaudiere
Bling out apparel is something that will never go out of season. Whether its your shirt, and bag or headband; you can always take something plain and boring decorate it and make it your own. Here is a plain plastic ring decorated with Swarvoski rhinestone.
- Get the Swarvoski colors and sizes you wish to put on the ring.
- Apply them how you wish on the plain ring.
Inspiration… Henri Bendel
Everyone always sees the adorable little girl throwing petals on the floor. Brides also need to worry about what to put on their flower girls. You can create your own head band for your flower girl using ribbon and crystals with these easy steps.
- 1/2 yd of 2 1/4 Poly Satin Ribbon, Ivory Style# 00318 (1.800.9.mjtrim)
- 1/2 yd of 10mm Organdy Ribbon, Light Peach Style# 02110
- 25mm Plastic Head Band, White Style#43469 (1.800.9.mjtrim)
- 1 pack of SS12 Swarvoski Rhinestones, Crystal Style# 03012
- 1 pack of SS34 Swarvoski Rhinestones, Crystal Style# 03034
- 15” of 2mm Fine Metallic Twist Cord, Brown Gold Style# 00860
- 1/4” Swarvoski Crystal Belt, Crystal/Silver Style # 19912
- 2 pcs of 18*10mm Swarvoski Crystal Sew-on Pear Shaped Jewel, Crystal Style# 27474
- 1 pc of 15*4 mm Navette Rhinestone w/Setting, Crystal Style# 03912
- 1 pc of 18*9mm Sew-on, Crystal Style# 27473
- 1 pc of 12*6mm Sew-on, Crystal Style# 27473
- 1 pc of 10mm Round Sew-on, Crystal #32016
- E6000, Style # 37777
- Take the 1/2 yard of satin ribbon and glue it the headband to cover the plastic, cut the the ends to make them shorter, then glue the ends to the inside.
- Take the 1/2 yard of organza ribbon and glue it straight in the middle of the headband. Cut a little of the ends, leave some left over to glue the ends on the inside of the headband.
- take the metallic cord, cut 4 pieces even pieces (about 3 1/2 inches long), take the belt and swoop the pieces through, as a belt and glue the the ends on to the headband.
- take the other pieces of jewels and scatter them as you wish on each side of the head band.
Create your own iPhone 4 case by using Swarvoski rhinestones. Its a fun way to customize your cell phone case. Pick all the colors you want and create your own pattern.Here is an example for inspiration.
- When you open the kit, you will have syringe, put the glue inside.
- Take the bees wax, take a small piece and stick it to the wood stick.
- Your are going to apply the glue on to the case and then pick the rhinestones up with wood stick with the bees wax on it.
- Create your own pattern and keep applying till its done.