My favorite part of the year is finally here. The holidays to me means fun gatherings, fun decorations and great presents. I love decorating for the holidays. You can either shop for new decorations or, what I love to do, make my own. Here is a decoration you can wrap your Christmas tree or around you house, it made of paillettes.
- Take Needle and thread. Take a paillette and put needle through it. Once the paillette is through, tie a knot. You do this with every paillette, 1 inch apart from eachother.
- Make it as long as you want, when your a done, tie a knot at the end.
Decorating the Christmas tree with family and friends is a very special time. Making the ornaments yourself also means the quality time spent together more memorable. Here are a few ideas you can use for decoring this holiday.
You can create any design you’d like on the jingle bells using gem-tac glue and flat back rhinestones. Also laying one ribbon on top the other, you can tie it around the handle of the jingle bells.
Ribbon of Jingles
- Using pliers take one end of the wire and hook it onto the jingle bell handle.
- Using the emerald velvet ribbon, tie a bow onto the wire to cover the area that was hooked onto the jingle bells.
- On the red velvet ribbon, measure 1″ and poke a hole through the ribbon.
- Insert the wire through the hole.
- Insert one silver pearl or as many as you prefer.
- Create a zig zag shape with the red velvet ribbon and poke a hole through the ribbon where appropriate.
- Repeat steps 4 through 6 until there is no more ribbons left.
- Using pliers been the left over wire to create a loop.
Note: you can use any size or color of pearls and ribbons you like.